Table of Contents
- Benefits of Spinach in a 90 Day Weight Loss Plan – Day 2
- Best Exercise for Weight Loss, Fighting Depression, Obesity and Anxiety
- Benefits of Spinach
- 90 Day Weight Loss Plan Breakfast – Day 2:
- 90 Day Weight Loss Lunch – Day 2 – The Benefits of Spinach make it a no brainer to use Spinach in your Sandwich, yes, Every Day!:
- 90 Day Weight Loss Dinner – Day 2 – Spinach goes great with red kidney beans as well, so throw in a handful:
- 90 Day Weight Loss Snack – Day 2:
- 90 Day Weight Loss Exercise – Day 2:
- 90 Day Weight Loss Totals for Day 2:
Benefits of Spinach in a 90 Day Weight Loss Plan – Day 2
Best Exercise for Weight Loss, Fighting Depression, Obesity and Anxiety
Each day, I want to draw attention to a new food, habit, exercise and their benefits to us in our quest to get fit both physically and mentally.
Today I will focus on the benefits of spinach.
Benefits of Spinach
1. Bones – one cup of fresh spinach will provide you with more than enough of your vitamin K daily requirements. A powerful fuel for our Bones, that is one of the key benefits of Spinach.
2. More Vitamins – Besides vitamin K, Spinach is also replete with Vitamin D, Vitamin E and other trace minerals. The more vitamins the merrier, another one of the key benefits of Spinach.
3. Omega 3 Fatty Acids – Believe it or not, not just fish have omega 3 fatty acids, so does Spinach!
4. Antioxidant Rich – a critical spinach benefit has been demonstrated by researchers in that it appears to be the green vegetable has the most powerful anti cancer and anti inflammatory properties, especially in preventing prostate cancer.
5. Eyesight – The cartenoids in Spinach will nourish your eyes and protect them from macular degeneration and cataracts.
6. Spinach is low in calories and high in nutrients. I know that you knew that already from Popeye.
I gleaned some of the information for this article from the The Benefits of Spinach, the Superfood at http://www.care2.com/greenliving/8-benefits-of-spinach-the-first-superfood.html which was written by Diana Herrington and from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270609.php The Benefits of Spinach Check them out for more details.
As I have mentioned previously:
I am always trying to refine what I have been learning to be of value to anyone who has struggled with overweight and/or depression issues.
So I thought that it would be of value to record and document a 90 day weight loss program that can be used by anyone.
I am going to be targeting 1800 calories or so for myself as is recommended by many medical authorities for men.
Women can remove one snack and target approximately 1500 calories a day.
This program will also have a goal of a 10% reduction in bodyweight as a start.
For me, that would put me at 175lbs by the end of the 90 days as I am starting out as can be seen below at 196.3 yesterday.
Another goal will be to reduce the BMI, the body mass index under 25.
Last but not least is the goal to reduce body fat percentage which is nowor me at 22.9% to 19% as a first goal and eventually to 11%.
I am going to start with the development of certain good habits which will help all of us realize a great transformation.
Each day I will do my best to address one new good habit that we can all incorporate into our lives over the next 90 days.
I have heard that it takes between 21 and 30 days to really have a habit become part of our daily routine and 90 days will give us enough time to both get a productive habit as well as keep it long term.
Today we have covered the benefits of spinach.
As you can see below, I have used spinach in at least one of my meals.
The first is in the Turkey Sandwich which has a pretty thick layer of fresh spinach. I do not even bother cooking the spinach.
I will put the spinach on top of the stoneground whole wheat bread while the bread is grilling and it wilts a bit, but sometimes I will just put a bed of fresh spinach on the bread.
Anyone who wants to participate, just let me know and I will give you the permissions to create and edit your own posts/weight loss/fitness tables.
Let’s Get Started!
Weigh in time, first thing in the morning:
[table id=7 /]
90 Day Weight Loss Plan Breakfast – Day 2:
|Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal||
|Greek Yogurt Non-Fat Vanilla||
|Pure Honey Clover||
|Almond milk unsweetened original||
90 Day Weight Loss Lunch – Day 2 – The Benefits of Spinach make it a no brainer to use Spinach in your Sandwich, yes, Every Day!:
|Roasted Turkey Breast||
|Whole Wheat Panella Bread||
|Yellow Onion Sliced 1/4||
|Paul Neumans Light Balsamic||
|extra-virgin olive oil||
90 Day Weight Loss Dinner – Day 2 – Spinach goes great with red kidney beans as well, so throw in a handful:
|Sweet Potato, Boiled||
|Red Kidney Beans||
|Imported Parmesan Grated Parmesan Cheese||
|Garden Veggie Patties||
90 Day Weight Loss Snack – Day 2:
Why am I using an Isagenix shake for my snack today?
1. It is recommended by Pete Cerqua, Author, Speaker and Fitness Trainer for over 30 Years.
2. This protein meal replacement helps speed post workout recovery.
3. Isagenix is designed to boost metabolism, curb hunger and give you maximum muscle gains.
4. With Isagenix, you can get leaner, faster and stay stronger, longer.
5. The proteins are derived exclusively from grass fed cows raised on the pristine pastures of New Zealand.
6. A premium protein blend with superior branch-chained amino acits to boost muscle growth and maintenance.
7. Specialized nutrition for those who want to lose stubborn fat or visceral belly fat.
8. Specialized nutrition for older adults looking to prevent age-related muscle loss.
9. Delicious, yes, I think the natural chocolate IsaLean Pro is quite good!
10. 6 grams of Fiber, 23 Vitamins and Minerals, Low Glycemic, Gluten and Soy Free!, Active Enzymes to aid digestion.
|IsaLean Pro Natural Chocolate||
90 Day Weight Loss Exercise – Day 2:
One Hour Walk – Burning approximately 450 Calories
Squats, one set of 12 reps with 45lb bar only.
Pullups with 115lbs of assistance, one set of 12 reps.
Dips with 115lbs of assistance, one set of 12 reps.
Bench press, one set of 12 reps with 45lb bar only.
Barbell rows, one set of 12 reps with 45lb bar.
Deadlifts, one set of 12 reps with 70lbs.
Standing Press, one set of 12 reps with 50lbs.
Curl with 20lb dumbells, one set of 12 reps.
90 Day Weight Loss Totals for Day 2: