And the Fattest Country in the World Award Goes To…..
The fattest country in the world is the USA.
That is not a title to be proud of.
With all of the great accomplishments of America, it is frustrating that we are killing ourselves with our knives and forks.
Despite all of the diets that are published every year, we keep getting fatter.
How do we put an end to this insanity?
Is there a way to crush obesity?
I believe that we do not have to be the fattest country in the world.
What will it take?
The answer is the mission of Hashi Mashi, to help crush obesity in America.
There are an estimated 160 million overweight or obese people in the United States.
My goal is to help 1 million people reach a normal BMI (body mass index) this year.
The best way to get started is to read this after you finish reading today’s latest obesity news below:
A detailed report in the latest New England Journal of Medicine is winning alarmed attention in Washington because it finds that American children and adults are leading the obesity parade.
“The highest level of age-standardized childhood obesity was observed in the United States, 12.7 percent,” said the report.
“The United States and China had the highest numbers of obese adults,” added the authoritative study.
Obesity is no secret in the U.S., but the continued domestic epidemic, especially after the former Obama administration declared war on it, is alarming officials.
While the Journal looked at the global situation, a Harvard University analysis of the new report highlighted the U.S. problem based on data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Their analysis said, “About 38 percent of U.S. adults aged 20 and older are obese as are more than 17 percent of children aged 6 to 11, federal data shows.”
- In 2015, an estimated 603.7 million adults and 107.7 million children worldwide were obese. That represents about 12 percent of all adults and 5 percent of all children.
- The prevalence of obesity doubled in 73 countries between 1980 and 2015 and continuously increased in most of the other countries.
- China and India had the highest number of obese children. China and the U.S. had the highest number of obese adults.
- Excess body weight accounted for about 4 million deaths — or 7.1 percent of all deaths — in 2015.
- Almost 70 percent of deaths related to a high BMI were due to cardiovascular disease.
- The study finds evidence that having a high BMI causes leukemia and several types of cancer, including cancers of the esophagus, liver, breast, uterus, ovary, kidney and thyroid.
- In rich and poor countries, obesity rates increased, indicating “the problem is not simply a function of income or wealth. Changes in the food environment and food systems are probably major drivers. Increased availability, accessibility, and affordability of energy-dense foods, along with intense marketing of such foods, could explain excess energy intake and weight gain among different populations. The reduced opportunities for physical activity that have followed urbanization and other changes in the built environment have also been considered as potential drivers; however, these changes generally preceded the global increase in obesity and are less likely to be major contributors.”
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner’s “Washington Secrets” columnist, can be contacted at email@example.com
It is time to swing the tide.
Clearly, more diets are not going to help.
You do not need another diet.
We need more sanity in learning how to eat real food.
Believe it or not, even if you are an exclusive member of the fattest country in the world right now.
Even if you are 30 pounds above your ideal weight.
Or your BMI is over 25 (which makes you overweight), or over 30 (which is officially obese).
Do not give up hope if you are overweight or obese.
You are in the right place.
Stick with me and I will help you escape the scourge of obesity.
If I could get to a normal weight, I know you can.
I know all about the binges, the cravings, the addiction to processed food.
Save yourself, your family and friends from having to watch you sabotage your health.
Take this one day at a time, one day at a time.
It all starts with your next meal.
Read this to learn how to lose weight fast, in a sane and healthy way.
One day soon, we will no longer be the fattest country in the world, we will be the fittest!
Please share your thoughts and/or comments.
Resources And ToolsFor resources and tools to ignite your health and fitness, lose weight without counting calories, get leaner and stronger, help depression without antidepressants, please click here.
Connect And Take ActionIf you appreciated this article, please subscribe to my personal blog here, or on the form below this post. Enter your first name and email and you will receive a free get fit cheat sheet.
This cheat sheet is a template of the plan I followed to lose 100 pounds in under a year.
Please read the cheat sheet, any other recommended articles and take action. You will not fail!
Please leave your questions/comments/corrections in the comment section below or contact me here.
Share your struggles, experiences and success. Thank You!