So you want to know how to lose belly fat in only 3 to 6 months? Then you are in the right place! I can hear you saying: “My doctor/wife/husband/friends/grandma said I have to lose weight, but how? What do I do? I’ve tried a million diets! It should just be common sense, but how do I put this into action? How do I get started losing weight and getting fit?”
Well, I am glad that you are here. This cheat sheet will put you on the right path – fast! Don’t let it’s simplicity fool you. Follow the plan and you will get fit, even if you are fat, so never lose hope!
The Basic Principles of the Fit Apprentice Plan:
Follow these simple steps:
1. Time for your First Photo shoot!
- Take your pictures now, from the front and from the side.
- You have to see what you really look like today.
- Do NOT get discouraged from the pictures.
- In only 3 to 6 months from today, you will be glad that you have your before picture.
- You will be happy to see the results that you helped to create.
- In the first 6 months, I dropped 75 pounds. It took another 6 months for the last 25+ pounds.
- You will want to have your before and after.
- So, before reading further, please get your camera/phone, and snap your selfies.
- Use these pictures of yourself to stop your cravings.
- In the evening or day, when you are craving your cookies/chocolate/candy, look at these pictures.
- See what investing your time and money in making your tongue happy has done to your body.
- We are not even speaking about all the illnesses correlated with obesity.
- Like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, depression, and many more.
- Just see how your investment in the processed food industry has worked out for you.
- If you do not like the results, know that you can make the changes necessary to lose weight and get fit.
2. Trust the Wisdom of Your Body to Improve Your Health & Fitness
- You have to get out of the way of your body.
- Your body is much smarter than you are.
- Every day, every second, your body is busy keeping you alive.
- Your body digests food, assimilates nutrients, breathes you, when you are awake and asleep.
- You are not in control of these functions.
- The inherent wisdom within the cells of your body keeps you alive.
- Your body is always trying to make you healthier.
- Get out of the way, stop loading your body up with processed junk.
- As soon as you put trust in the wisdom of your body, you will see the changes.
- Now that you have taken your pictures, the next step is to get out your scale.
3. Get a Body Composition Scale!
- You should have a scale that gives you weight, body fat percentage, water percentage and BMI.
- The benefit of knowing these variables is that you can see if you are getting fitter.
- You want your BMI to drop to normal levels, between 18.5 and 25.9.
- In addition, your water % should be at 60 or above.
- The scale I have been using the last five years is the Conair.
- A smart scale with wifi connectivity is Weight Gurus.
- The Weight Gurus scale will connect with your phone and display your results.
- Now that you have your scale, I want you to weigh yourself every day.
- Write down your starting weight, bmi, body fat percent, water percent.
- Now you have your baseline.
- The scale will reflect to you every day how you are doing.
- Your scale is a powerful tool to keep you on track.
4. Real Food is Your Friend – So, Start Eating
- Long time dieters think that food is the enemy.
- Almost as if they are angry at food.
- It is not food that makes you fat.
- Processed food, manufactured food, junk food, that is what makes you fat.
- I know that is bad news for anyone who loves snickers, pop tarts, chips, pretzels, pepperidge farm and ben & jerrys.
- But, do not worry.
- Your body will transform, once you start eating real food.
- What is real food?
- Think of produce, like fruits and vegetables.
- Vegetables are more than a slice of tomato and onion on your turkey sandwich.
- How about okra, bok choy, brussel sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, watercress or broccoli?
- Now we are talking.
- Every day, you need to have more vegetables than you thought possible.
- Vegetables will help to transform your body.
- Your body craves the nutrients that are found in simple green vegetables.
- Or whole grains, like oatmeal, kasha and quinoa.
- Beans, legumes and nuts.
- Eggs, fish, and yogurt.
- End your hunger strike when you want to burn fat.
- Starving yourself will not work.
- Your body will hold onto fat when it thinks you are in a famine.
- Feed your body with nutritious food.
- Your cravings for junk will dissipate the more you increase your vegetable and real food intake.
- Stop skipping meals, especially breakfast.
- You need the bulk of your calories for the day time, not in the evening when you are going to sleep.
5. Eat at Regular Mealtimes and Stop Eating Between Meals
- Eat breakfast, lunch, a snack and dinner.
- Start eating early in the day.
- No more doughnuts and coffee for breakfast.
- Bagels will not cut it, except for one day a week.
- Or highly processed yogurts.
- You need to fuel your body.
- Do not punish your body by going long periods of time without food.
- Your body needs the calories to take care of the business of keeping you healthy and alive.
- So, stop punishing your body.
- Make a meal schedule that you can live with and stick with it.
- For example; breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, snack at 3 and dinner at 6 or 7.
- Do your best to taper off the amount of food you eat as the day wanes.
- Have your larger meals earlier in the day and by the time evening rolls around, have a lighter meal.
- Once the sun sets, your body wants rest, not fuel.
- You do not need more calories in the evening.
6. So, What Do I Eat? What Can I Eat?
- Here is an easy way to structure your meals.
- Start off with a whole fruit.
- Have a grapefruit, cherries, lychee, grapes, apple, blueberries, whatever it is that you like.
- Now, add a whole grain to the menu, like oatmeal, buckwheat, quinoa, barley or brown rice.
- Add a protein and a healthy fat and spice to taste.
- You can have egg, fish, tofu, chicken, turkey, or a vegetarian protein, like beans, legumes or nuts.
- So, take breakfast for example.
- Take a banana, blueberries and grapes.
- Cook up a cup of old fashioned rolled oats in water.
- Mix in the fruit, sprinkle some cinnamon on the oats.
- Make an omelette or hard boiled eggs, or just add a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter.
- This bowl of oatmeal with fruit and peanut butter or eggs can keep you full for hours.
- You can use the same pattern for most meals.
- For lunch you can have an orange to start off and then a salmon avocado sushi roll or a turkey sandwich on whole grain with many vegetables and avocado.
- Easy snacks revolve around a fruit and some nuts, like an apple and a handful of almonds.
7. Make Sure to Have Vegetables Every Day
- Don’t forget to have your vegetables.
- Dinner is a great time to make sure you get in at least one cooked vegetable.
- For example, asparagus and mushrooms with branzini fish and sweet potato.
- Have as many vegetables as you like.
- Limit protein and carbs to portions about the size of a cup or of the palm of your hand.
- Never get too full at any meal, even with healthy food, and certainly junk food.
- Experiment with new vegetables whenever you have the opportunity.
- Try out bok choy, beets, broccoli, okra, water cress, zucchini, squash and any other fresh vegetables you find in the market.
- Keep it simple, you do not need to have 30 different recipes, unless you want.
- But simple foods can result in the most spectacular results.
Recommended Reading: How to Cook Asparagus on the Stove Nepali Style
8. Start Moving
- You must start moving, today.
- Get up and go walk, outside or on a treadmill.
- Even if you have to take 3 ten minute breaks, you need to get 30 minutes of movement every day.
- Your body needs to move to stay healthy.
- So, don’t punish your body by sitting like a statue all day, at work or in front of the tv.
- If you can afford 30 minutes straight of walking, that is even better.
- Once or twice a week, when you have more time, like a weekend, walk up to an hour.
- As you get more fit, pick up the pace of your walking/running/swimming/biking.
- Strength training a few times a week is also a great addition to your exercise program.
- But at the least, start walking to establish a base pattern of 30 minutes of movement every day.
9. Switch from Processed to Real Food
- As much as possible, eat real food.
- Real food can be found mostly on the perimeters of your supermarket aisles.
- Fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, beans, nuts, lean proteins like fish, eggs, turkey, chicken and meat, and healthy fats like avocado, peanut butter and olive oil.
- Stop relying on fast and convenience foods, that is how you got to being overweight or obese in the first place.
10. Invest in Yourself
- Stop investing in junk food manufacturing companies.
- Start investing in yourself.
- Buy more quality food.
- It is worth paying a bit more for food, for the great gains in your health.
- Invest in your own health, you are worth it.
11. The Daily Weigh
- Weigh yourself daily to stay on track.
- Same time in the day.
- Your scale will reflect back to you how you are doing.
- If your weight goes up, think back to what you ate and how you moved yesterday.
- When the trend is going in the right direction, keep on going, great job!
- Use your scale to stay on track, not to be obsessed.
- Your scale is a tool to help you achieve your ideal body weight.
- Do not make the mistake of losing a 100 pounds, and then stopping the daily weigh, and finding yourself 30 pounds fatter in just six months.
- Like I did myself!
12. You Do Not Need to Count Calories
- Counting calories is not necessary.
- Just eat real food most of the time.
- Every week, has about 28 to 35 meals.
- And if you eat six times a a day, up to 42 meals.
- So, if you splurge a couple of meals a week, because you had to go to a wedding or event, do not worry.
- It is not a big deal, you need to be able to celebrate with family and friends as well.
- Stay on track most of the time, and these small indiscretions will not harm you.
- Just be sure to have one slice of cake and not the entire cake!
- Be realistic in your portion size.
- Have one serving, not ten refills at the Viennese Table.
13. Celebrate your Weight Loss Success with Clothing or other rewards, and Not Junk Food
- You better not lose a hundred pounds and then celebrate with ice cream.
- Instead, get a new suit or a new dress.
- A new piece of jewelry or a watch.
- A vacation.
- Do not go back to your old habits that got you obese in the first place.
- Instead, keep improving on your success.
- Always work on getting fitter, and not fatter, this will be good for you and all who know you.
Good Luck! Please let me know how you do on your weight loss journey, I love to hear of your success!
Feel free to pass this basic Fit Apprentice plan to your friends or family, whether they are just looking to lose weight and get fit, or they are fighting depression.
The same simple and effective Fit Apprentice Plan will help for both fighting depression and crushing obesity.
Please also maintain all the credits back to hashimashi.com
- Fit Apprentice is a simple plan to lose weight fast, get leaner and stronger than you ever thought possible, and achieve your ideal weight over the next 3 to 6 months, without drugs or shakes.
Resources And ToolsFor resources and tools to ignite your health and fitness, lose weight without counting calories, get leaner and stronger, help depression without antidepressants, please click here.
Connect And Take ActionIf you appreciated this article, please subscribe to my personal blog here, or on the form below this post. Enter your first name and email and you will receive a free get fit cheat sheet.
This cheat sheet is a template of the plan I followed to lose 100 pounds in under a year.
Please read the cheat sheet, any other recommended articles and take action. You will not fail!
Please leave your questions/comments/corrections in the comment section below or contact me here.
Share your struggles, experiences and success. Thank You!