Update on May 7: Well, something is definitely not working right. Robert told me that he had one can of beans, ate and felt great till his workout last night. After his workout, he ended up downing 3 protein bars, 6 slices of whole wheat toast, a pint of ben and jerrys cherry garcia yogurt and a 12 oatmeal raisin cookies! wow, now what? he just asked me. He told me that so far, for today, he still has not eaten anything. That is typical binge eating disorder. I asked him previously if he had any type of eating disorder, he said no, but the behavior indicates that he does. The other possibility is that he just did not have enough calories to handle both his current weight and the workout. So I am going to suggest that he increase the amount of beans that he has and perhaps have a second meal replacement shake, as well as consider having some additional snacks. No worries, we will figure it out!
This post came about because my friend Robert asked me if I could guide him in how to lose ten pounds in two weeks.
Why not thirty pounds in three months or twenty pounds in a month?
Basically he feels that three months is way to long of a time to commit to, even a month as well.
Therefore he wondered if I could help him get result in as little as two weeks.
How to lose ten pounds in two weeks is my simple guide for Robert and anyone else out there with the same goal.
Of course I let him know that overall, he has to gradually change his lifestyle to be one that supports being lean, instead of a lifestyle that supports being fat.
I gave him some really simple rules to follow that you can benefit from as well.
If Robert or you can learn how to lose ten pounds in two weeks, then if it was not too difficult, you will be motivated to keep going.
First, we created his baseline:
[table id=12 /]
As you can see, today Robert weighed in at 197.9lbs.
I believe if he follows the plan, Robert will be down to at least 187.9lbs.
It is also possible that his weight might not be as low as 187.9lbs, but he will have still lost ten pounds of fat which is more important than losing ‘weight’.
Weight can include both water and muscle, and that is not what we want.
We want recomposition, we want to redesign and transform Robert’s physique.
That will only happen by losing fat and gaining muscle.
Here are the simple rules for how to lose ten pounds in two weeks.
1. Eat vegetables, beans, protein like eggs, chicken, turkey, lamb, veggie burger, tofu, fats like avocado, olive oil, coconut oil.
2. Drink water, shoot for an ounce per pound of body weight or at least a gallon a day.
3. If you want, drink a glass of wine in the evening.
4. Drink high quality grass fed whey protein meal replacement shakes at least once per day, for a snack or for a meal.
5. Take a walk for 30 minutes to an hour a day.
6. Strength training is not mandatory, but if you are up to it, start with deadlifts, the benefits of which you can read here: http://hashimashi.com/benefits-of-deadlifts
7. One day a week, take a break, eat whatever you want.
How to lose ten pounds in two weeks breakfast
2. Sautee your favorite vegetables in olive oil and light balsamic vinegar, for example, garlic, onion, pepper, tomato, spinach. Add two whole eggs or one whole egg and a white or two. Add a half of a can or even a whole can of your favorite beans, black, red, kidney or lentils. Add half an avocado if you like.
Do the same for lunch, dinner and snack.
Get vegetables, a protein and a healthy fat. So for lunch, you can have salad with hummus, turkey and olives or red kidney beans, spinach and turkey. For dinner, braised kale, grilled vegetables, roasted salmon and black beans.
That is pretty much it.
I will keep updating Robert’s table and let’s see if this simple plan of how to lose ten pounds in two weeks works for Robert or anyone else who is following.