Get Lean Starting Now
Join Me , Lets see how long this takes!
Recovering now from Bronchitis, so have been out of it the last few days, sorry about that.
But now that my fever has gone down and I am not coughing all day, I am going to make a very serious push to drop that 23.1% fat down below 20%.
Is that possible?
Can a soon to be 57 year old man make that happen? I have no clue.
But we are going to find out.
In doing that, I am going to keep a very clear diary of weight and body fat percentage, as well as food and exercise.
I know where I am now, 197.5lb and 23.1% fat, still alot better than my highs over the last ten years, but why be satisfied with mediocrity?
So, lets get started with breakfast for today.
I am going to make an egg omelette and have black beans with it as well as avocado. A quick hashi mashi!
Looks like my picture is a bit dark, but what I have there is spinach, black beans, eggs, water, onion, parmesan which came a bit later, and raspberries.
If I can do that, you can, believe me , I am no chef, but it came out really good!
Get a pan, put a tbsp of olive oil in the pan, medium head, chop a 1/4 of an onion or so and put it in the pan, add a handful of spinach, let it cook a min or so, add 4 egg whites, stir it around a bit, add 1/2 cup of black beans to the side of the pan. I like the goya black bean soup for now until I learn how to make the black beans myself, in any case, after cooked a couple of minutes, add a tablespoon of parmesan and presto! A Get Lean Fast breakfast. I will figure out the calories and fat, sugar and carbs, fiber later on today when I get back from my get lean fast walk.
How easy is that? And it tasted pretty good, great actually. You can add whatever other vegetables that you like, but for fruit I am sticking with the berries in the meantime.
I selected this image by Anna Vital because I thought that it had some great motivational messages:
1. As long as we are alive, do not give up on fulfilling our dreams.
2. It would help of course to have some dreams. So, an important component of an inspiring life is to create some dreams for ourselves that motivate us to take action.
3. Anything is possible.
4. Take it day by day and lower our expectations. We can have long term goals, and in this scenario, my long term goal for now is 10% bodyfat. But to start, my short term goal is to make it through one day and I will be shooting for 20% bodyfat, which that alone might take several weeks, not sure.
5. Even Michael Jordan missed over 300 critical shots. Even the greatest hitters in baseball miss the ball 6 or 7 out of every 10 at bats.
6. So, we should go easy on ourselves. Even if we screw up, do not give up!
7. Make a plan, stick to it, persist, success will take some time, but we can do it.
8. Visualize the end result. As Stephen Covey said, begin with the end in mind. I have a specific end in mind goal which I will not reveal until it happens, but that will be my goal.
9. We are all individuals, lets compete with ourselves, this is not a competition with any one else.
10. Many times, right before we are about to achieve one of our goals, we get sidetracked or sabotage our own efforts. I was very close to my goal in the spring and have to climb my way back to where I was. I have learned alot during this time. And I would not have it any other way, but now is the time to get back and be even better than I was.
Hope you might consider adding your own opinion or joining along for the ride, please share your own story of your own personal goals and how you achieved them, in whatever area of life.