Glad you are joining in for this 10 day detox diet plan for mind and body we can all support each other to improve ourselves emotionally and physically.
Typically, you might see information that only relates to a 10 day detox diet plan for the body. I cannot recall ever seeing a 10 day detox diet plan for the mind. Can you? We are interested in more than nourishing our bodies. Originally, hashimashi.com was purely about weight loss and getting into shape. I called it hashi mashi because of a breakfast recipe I had created (no big deal, basically an egg omelette with lots of greens, hummus, avocado and olives but no bread, boo hoo, I love bread) for a large part of my 75lb weight loss a couple of years ago. But I know that weight loss and body fat was never my total arch nemesis. It has always been depression.
So recently, I decided that I am going to adjust the purpose of my site. If you asked me which would I prefer, to help someone lose weight, or to help someone get relief from depression, I am so clear on the answer. If I can help another person get even a minute relief from depression, I would feel extremely productive. Like I had really accomplished something big. I know how much depression hurts and in the past my only coping techniques were to think of suicide or becoming catatonic, neither which are very productive.
So I am gradually adjusting my site to be geared specifically for a person who wants to know how to fight depression without medications via diet, exercise and positive affirmations. I figured there are plenty of weight loss gurus. I would love if my contribution to the world is to help others get relief from depression. That is what is different about this 10 day detox diet plan for mind and body. It is not just about food and weight loss. It is about healing our minds as well, relief from depression, being able to enjoy life.
I have set up this article to be a meeting place for us to support each other, share our thoughts, ideas, experiences during this 10 day detox diet plan for both mental and physical health. The easiest way for us to stay in contact is by using the comments below.
Here is a proposed rough draft of suggestions/guidelines. Please feel free to modify, add and/or delete to or from this list. Thanks!
10 day detox diet plan for mind and body – thoughts, speech
1. First of all.
Say “Zehhu! (That's it, I have had enough!)”. Say to yourself that you have had enough. Tell yourself to stop it. Tell yourself that you want to enjoy your day and that you will accept small victories, whatever those might be.
2. Never Give Up, Do not Lose Hope, Be Optimistic.
Just as you change, other people can change too. Be hopeful and give yourself a break from mourning over family estrangement or the action of another person that you cannot control. Remember that just one moment of joy is like the light shining on a very dark room. All the darkness of 12 years that I lived in became much more illuminated from just a few kind words and moments. However, we have to be the light for ourselves and become more independently happy. We cannot leave it in the hands of another. How to do that? Next:
3. Change yourself.
Stop thinking about how other people, even relatives, should be different. I always wondered why should and should er have essentially the same letters except for “er”. I came to think of it as this, all of the “shoulds” that I say others should do, I will shoulder it, I will put them on my shoulders. There is great amazing relief in stopping pushing against a brick wall. If the wall is brick and you tried several times to knock it over, most likely it is not going to budge, so stop beating your head against that wall. Instead, find exciting , fun, projects for yourself to do, because you can change yourself. You can control what you say, what you eat, what you drink, how you move, so you can start to rack up small victories for yourself. As you are successful, you will be hungrier for more and keep becoming more confident. Yes, you will see some curve balls, but so what? That is part of this game. Keep getting up to bat and you will eventually be hitting home runs.
Thought, Speech and Action
4. You must get control of your thoughts. Take out the video tape that plays in your head showing you as the victim, as the one who has been wronged. Replace it with the good affirmations, think of every success that you have had in your life, whatever it might be. You have to walk out of the room of estrangement, out of the room where someone else is controlling your mood, close the door, lock it and open up new doors, build new rooms, go back to the scenes in your mind of the past where you did right, where things were good. Heck, I even patted myself on the back for stopping biting my nails. I know, a gross habit, but I throw it in there too. I lost 75lbs. I slimmed down from a 48″ waist to a 32″ waist. I know, I did not invent the polio vaccine, but I improved myself. If we can support each other and that leads to even a minute of relief from depression, how great is that? I think that anyone who has experienced depression, for whatever reason, situational, genetic, would be ecstatic to have a minute of relief, so I am not going to minimize the importance of what we are doing here. We have to come up with a ‘depression vaccine', which will protect us and others from wallowing in the dark places of our minds which prevents us and others who care about us from enjoying life. I am sure that you have your own successes to look at, you have your own interests, art, music, dance, reading, gardening, walking, running. Start to tell yourself positive thoughts only. Good stuff about you. If someone is only telling you bad, ignore them, turn them off. Think good about yourself.
5. Speak good about yourself. Stop maligning yourself. Zehhu! Is it not enough that another has maligned you, us? We cannot speak ill of ourselves as well. There is alot to write about this point alone, how egregious speech can be, especially when it is about ourselves. Only say good things. Words are powerful. Nobody builds anything without first thinking about it and speaking about it. Start speaking about what you want to build, not what you want to destroy, because both are true by our thought and speech.
10 day detox diet plan for the mind and body -physical cleanse, which will help improve the mind as well
6. Get more physically fit for a better functioning brain, as a stronger mind will be the result of a stronger body. Do this 10 day detox diet plan for mind and body with me, and with the others who have mentioned that they are interested. Why a 10 day cleanse? Why not a 5 day, why not an 11 day? Honestly, I do not think that there is much magic to doing a 10 day cleanse over an 11 day cleanse. I already mentioned that I thought about 10 because I wanted to atone for my years of depression, one day for every year of depression.
Do not focus on losing weight during a 10 day cleanse, rather focus on eating the healthiest foods possible with an overdose of green vegetables and low glycemic fruits, pure water.
Even without focusing on weight loss, you can safely expect to drop a good 10 pounds. I know that sounds impossible, but remember that you are going to be giving your body a huge break, a break from your regular food days as well as a break from your diets. The bottom line is that you will be allowing your internal organs to recuperate and reboot by restraining the amounts and type of food that they have to digest.
I think that we all can agree that just about every health professional out there, despite all of their arguments as to whether one food or another is good for you, will not be arguing about fruit and vegetables. Some say to have grain, others say grains are off limits. Even George Costanza went on an “off bread” diet which he used as the excuse for using his index finger to scoop out peanut butter from Seinfeld's jar! Some say meat is great, others say it is the plague, same with eggs, fish, dairy, just about any ingredient besides fruits and vegetables is subject to debate.
Fruits and Vegetables are not. All health professionals, whether they are low carb or high carb, low fat or high fat, macro or paleo, pro poultry or vegan, everyone agrees that fruits and vegetables are the holy grail.
What do we learn from this? The best way to rest our body is to make sure that we can get a good dose of fruits and vegetables every day.
Granted, there are those who will say to minimize very sugary fruits like bananas, mangos, pineapple in order to lower triglycerides, blood sugar levels and as a result, when I say fruits, I am mainly referring to low glycemic index fruits, the types of fruit that all health professionals give a big thumbs up to, like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, strawberries, apple, pear and acai berries.
A bagels and lox sandwich with a thin slice of tomato is not a big dose of fruit and vegetables. It is a big dose of bagel, cream cheese, lox and munster cheese, maybe a slice of tomato and maybe a slice of onion. That is not overdosing on fruit and vegetables. That is how I ended up with a belly hanging over my belt. Only eating real food is what finally cured me of the belly hang and gave me a flat stomach.
The idea then is to flip the script. We want to bombard our bodies with fruits and vegetables as the foundation to allow our bodies the maximum amount of rest and recovery. Everyone in their right mind knows without doubt that berries and vegetables are good for you. No worries.
7. The question is then, for a society like ours where berries and vegetables play third, fourth or even fifth fiddle to meat, buns, pies, yoo hoo, cheese, cookies, you name it, how can we turn the tables and make low glycemic fruits and green vegetables number one?
So, how do we do a 10 day detox diet plan for mind and body with low glycemic fruits and green vegetables playing the star leading role?
Here is one answer that I want to suggest to you for your 10 day detox diet plan.
All you need are
number one, green vegetables, such as spinach, argula, lettuce, kale or collard greens. These days, getting green vegetables pre washed and packaged is fairly easy at your local grocery.
Number two, get yourself some pouches of frozen fruit, you can find frozen cherries, strawberries, blueberries, peach and even mango. Fresh fruit is fine as well, but the advantage of frozen fruit is it's availability year round as well as it being a great substitute for ice once I tell you what to do with all of these green vegetables and frozen fruit.
Number three is cold pure water, either filter it yourself in a brita pitcher or get pure bottled water like Evian.
Fourth is to have some raw stevia packets on hand, a natural sugar substitute which does not have much calories and also will not spike your blood sugar.
Last is you will need a blender. I use a nutribullet which works fine for me. I have not tried using a standard home blender, but I imagine that they should work fine as well.
That is it, 5 ingredients:
1. Green Vegetables
2. Low glycemic Fruits
3. Pure Water
4. Raw Stevia
5. A Blender
8. What you will do for the next 10 days of your 10 day detox diet plan for mind and body is this:
Have three meals a day and shoot to have two of them be a meal replacement created fresh by you with your blender.
It is so ridiculously simple that even I can do it.
Put 2 cups of cold water in your blender.
Add a couple of handfuls of your greens. Blend it down.
Add a cup or so of fruit like blueberries, strawberries or cherries. You can add half an apple too if you want, but I have found that these smoothies do not need the apple.
Add 1 – 2 packets of raw stevia.
Pow, presto, you have a delicious and refreshing meal replacement which is chock full of green energy and low glycemic fruit. If you want to add protein powder, go for it.
Your third meal, go for simplicity with some salad, vegetables and protein, the less cooking done the better.
A great meal would be wild salmon grilled along with salad. Avoid having a heavy meal of chicken chow mein and fried rice. You understand, you want to feed your body the most nutritious food possible during this 10 day detox diet plan for mind and body.
9. Some other examples of light meals,preferably organic free range protein sources, fish and vegetables, chicken and vegetables, vegetables and tofu, the lighter the better.
In between meals, you can snack on you know who, vegetables like celery, mini cucumbers, apples, raw nuts, hard boiled egg. Do not forget to snack, do not go hungry, please!
Drink alot of water on top of the above, get alot of sleep.
10. We want to cleanse our minds as well from everything that has been gnawing at us. Whether it is depression, whether it is estrangements, whatever the movies are that have been playing in our heads for one or ten years, how about putting them under the 10 day detox diet plan for mind and bodyas well? No, they will not disappear, but we might feel better, and isn't that the point?
If we do not do everything possible to heal our bodies and minds, who else will?
Please let me know how this 10 day detox diet plan to refresh your mind and body is going…
<!–First Jul 9, 2014 @ 11:17 always get better ->