Deadlift Workout Journal is my way of inspiring both myself and you to keep getting stronger.
The deadlift is acknowledged by so many to improve your strength that it needs no introduction.
The idea here through a deadlift workout journal is to maintain your commitment to getting stronger.
I want to hold you accountable as much as I want you to hold me accountable.
Start keeping a deadlift workout journal today.
Deadlift Workout Journal for Today 11-02-15
The summary of the deadlift workout for today is in successfully doing squats of 100 pounds and then following up with deadlifts using 185 pounds.
Deadlift Workout Gratitude
Believe me, every time I go to the gym and increase the weight on squats and deadlifts, I am very grateful that I still have the strength and desire to stay and be as healthy and fit as possible.
Deadlift Workout Possibilities
Imagine what you can do if you are in your teens, twenties, thirties or forties.
I never thought about the deadlift till I was 56 and today at 58, I am still getting stronger.
I am the first to admit that I have gone up and down in being consistent in a deadlift workout.
That is the whole point of trying to find a way to be consistent in doing a deadlift workout three times a week.
Deadlift Workout Time
If you checked out the table above, you can see that I always do a squat workout before the deadlift workout.
The reason is that the squat workout will warm up your legs, back and entire body which is much safer than going into the deadlift workout cold.
I try to keep my deadlift workout to under 45 minutes, 30 minutes would be even better.
Currently, I do a lower body workout which consists of deadlifts and squats on Monday, Wed and Friday.
Running and Upper body workout is left for Sun, Tue, and Thur.
I do not like to be in the gym for hours at a shot and so far have found this workout split to be effective.
Deadlift Workout Next Time
I started to write the last subhead for deadlift workout tips and ended up writing squat workout tips, my bad.
So I will write the deadlift workout tips the next time.
In the meantime, keep good form, start with light weights and respect the squat and deadlift workout.
Just kidding, here are the deadlift workout tips for today:
- 1. Start with a weight that is comfortable, whether it be 45lbs or 135lbs.
- 2. Use a trap bar deadlift if you have back problems or even to start is not a bad idea.
- 3. Get a good grip on the bar, a bit outside of your legs.
- 4. Make sure that your shoulders and arms a vertical above the bar.
- 5. You should feel yourself leaning back a bit because your shoulders and arms are now directly above the bar.
- 6. Grip the bar tight.
- 7. Take a deep breath and tighten your core just like you do with the squat.
- 8. keep your back straight, neutral with your head the same, neutral.
- 9. Keep your chest tight and pull with your shoulder and back muscles while your entire upper body is tight and strong.
- 10. As soon as the bar passes your knees on the way up, move your hips forward and hold the weight.
- 11. Be careful when you lower the bar to also keep your breath in and body tight.
- 12. Wear long workout pants for your deadlift workout because you want the bar to be against your knees and shins both on the way up and down.
Deadlift Workout Tips from You
So all the tips here for the squat and deadlift workout are based on what I have read in Starting Strength
- Mark Rippetoe (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 347 Pages - 11/11/2011 (Publication Date) - The Aasgaard Company...
But I am just a beginner, so if anyone out there has more tips, please share. Thank you.
I have seen guys deadlift a lot of weight as well as squat and I hope to get there one day too, but in the meantime, I am happy to get stronger gradually, one day at a time.
Top 10 Related Posts:
- One Great Beginner Deadlift Workout Routine for Powerlifting and Fitness
- 25 Best Konstantin Konstantinovs Deadlift Workout Routine Tips
- 5 Allyson Felix Deadlift Workout Plan Results
- Calories Burned Deadlifting: How Many Can You Burn in One Workout?
- Hermann Goerner’s Deadlift Records Will Leave You Speechless
- 11 Great Trap Bar Deadlift Benefits You Didn’t Know
- 5 Best Deadlift Shoes to Get the Most out of Every Single Rep in 2020
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body
- 5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market Today in 2020