Best Exercises for Weight Loss
There are exercises to lose weight at home that you can do to help yourself shed fat faster If you think that the gym is the only place where you can lose weight, think again, that is just not accurate. Believe it or not, the most important exercises to lose weight really does begin in your home, specifically in your kitchen.
The Best Exercises to Lose Weight at Home over a Year
2015, a new year, an opportunity to make and achieve some new goals. What are yours? Let’s say that you are looking to lose weight, and I always prefer to focus on reducing body fat percentage and increasing muscle and strength. Instead of trying to lose 10 or 20 pounds in a day, week or month, how about giving yourself the entire year of 2015 for your transformation from fat to fit?
The reason that I suggest giving yourself this entire year is so you will take the pressure off of yourself. Stressing out over how fast you are losing weight in and of itself will hamper your efforts to lose weight. Stress causes elevated cortisol levels which inhibits fat burning. You do not want elevated cortisol levels. You do not need any more stress in your life. You just need to implement a few new exercises, a few new habits to your daily routine to start seeing amazing results.
Are you on board to give yourself a year to make this transformation? If yes, if you implement the following exercises to lose weight , you will start seeing results in even under a year.
Exercises to Lose Weight at Home – 1 – 5
1. The first of the best exercises to lose weight at home starts with eating real food – How is this an exercise? This is the most important exercise that you can do to change your body. You will see many great exercises to lose weight at home like squats, pushups, scales, planks, bridges and lunges, but if you consistently eat processed junk food every day, your body will still look and feel like processed junk, that is it.
There is no way that consistently having pizza, ice cream, oreos, crackers, muffins, donuts is going to build a real physical specimen. We all know this intuitively and in reality as so many of us search for the new diet that will help us lose weight. There is no secret. Just eat the real foods that occur in nature and you will be on your way. This is why the first of the best exercises to lose weight at home begins in the kitchen. The truth is that whether you are working out at home or in the gym, the kitchen is still where you will make your greatest gains in transforming your body from fat to fit.
What is real food that occurs in nature and that humans have been consuming for thousands of years? Vegetables, vegetables and vegetables. Fruits, Nuts, Seeds, Legumes.
Whole grains like oats, rice and quinoa. Note that I did not say wonder bread. I also suggest that most of your meals have vegetables and protein, but after a good workout of 30 minutes or so, that is the best time to have higher carbohydrate content food like whole oats or whole rice, kasha or quinoa if you like it.
Chicken and meat for festive occasions
2. The second of the best exercises to lose weight at home is to walk five to six days a week for at least two miles or approximately 20 to 30 minutes. If you do not have an elliptical or treadmill in your house, then just step outside and start walking around your block. Get a pedometer or map out a 2 mile route and put on your sneakers and go. My suggestion is to warm up with an easy walk for a couple of minutes and then on the minute, walk a bit faster every minute or every 30 seconds and then slow down your pace. Here is how your walking, running, elliptical, treadmill, rowing or swimming plan can look like using mph as a measurement.
0 – 2 minute warm up at 3mph
2 – 3 minute 4 mph
3 – 4 minute 5 mph
4 -5 minute 6 or 7 mph
then repeat from 4 mph. You can also vary your speeds every 30 seconds. The main goal here is to increase and decrease your speed at regular intervals so that you will get good exercise benefits and you will see how in conjunction with your real food plan you will begin to see your fat melting away.
3. The third of the best exercises to lose weight at home is pushups. 3 days a week is enough to see improvements in pushups. Start with one and add one every day until you can do at least 100 pushups every other day, either in one shot or more likely in sets of 5, 4 or 3.
4. The fourth of the best exercises to lose weight at home is to drink more water. You need water to metabolize your fat. You need water for your liver. Your body needs water much more than it needs soda or twinkies, so give your body a break and drink more water.
5. The fifth of the best exercises to lose weight at home is to get to sleep for at least 8 hours a night. Sleep will help you in many ways to look and feel healthier than you every have. Sleep will help you to build muscle and lose fat. All you have to do is turn off the tv and the computer and the lights and get to sleep.
If you just concentrate on theses five exercises to lose weight at home, these new habits and make them a part of your daily life, a year from now you will have a changed body and likely attitude.
Please let me know how it is going.
Thanks for reading and Happy New Year for a New You.
Resources And ToolsFor resources and tools to ignite your health and fitness, lose weight without counting calories, get leaner and stronger, help depression without antidepressants, please click here.
Connect And Take ActionIf you appreciated this article, please subscribe to my personal blog here, or on the form below this post. Enter your first name and email and you will receive a free get fit cheat sheet.
This cheat sheet is a template of the plan I followed to lose 100 pounds in under a year.
Please read the cheat sheet, any other recommended articles and take action. You will not fail!
Please leave your questions/comments/corrections in the comment section below or contact me here.
Share your struggles, experiences and success. Thank You!