How to Lose 5 Pounds in 5 Days
For most us out there, losing 5 pounds is not really a big deal. Why? Because we are already bloated from processed foods, carrying more water weight than we think. As soon as you start to eat healthy food, your body will immediately say thank you very much and start to shed the excess water weight. Of course 5 pounds is only the beginning, especially if you are currently overweight, and by that I mean over 25% bodyfat for a man or 30% for a woman, both quite high numbers.
Without further ado, here is what you can start doing today, right now, to make this happen. The weekend is over, it is monday morning, you can start fresh and make a commitment to reduce your body fat percentage in a healthy way.
1. Drink water. Drinking water will flush out toxins from your body and you will start to feel better just by virtue of the fact that you are giving your body the elements necessary to metabolize fat, especially water. So go get a bottle of water or use your tap water, fill up a gallon, and see if you can get through the gallon in the course of the day. Believe me, that is alot of water, so at least shoot for eight cups and whatever else you can do up to a gallon is just fine.
2. Eat Breakfast! I know what you are thinking. You will just hold out till lunch, or maybe 3 pm. No, you cannot do that. Stop doing that. Stop starving yourself. We both know that by the time you get home from work, after you have just survived on a couple of coffees and a sandwich, you are going to go crazy on junk food or some real food and desserts while you are watching football or dancing with the stars. Then you will be so full, too full to even process the foods that you have eaten. When you starve yourself, you are stressing yourself out, stressing your body and your body will hold onto fat stores and not release them, in fact doing the opposite of what you really want to accomplish, so you must eat, all day, eat the best foods that you can come up with. Why starve? Stop that and start eating real food.
3. I know, confused by what is real food? Real food is not dunkin donuts, a cinnamon roll or oreos. Real food is not a bagel either, even if you put a tomato on it. The latter types of ‘foods’ is what got us into this mess in the first place. Real food is vegetables, berries, fruits, nuts, legumes, grains and proteins as unprocessed as possible. So what is for Breakfast? How about some grapes and almonds to start and then a vegetable omelette with avocado and/or hummus on the side (the original Hashi Mashi breakfast!). You can even add some kidney beans or black beans for a more substantial feeling. Or you can have buckwheat, oatmeal or quinoa and berries or a veggie burger. Basically just have some raw fruits, cooked vegetables and some protein and you will be fine. You will live without the pop em donuts, promise!
4. Throughout the day, drink water, snack on an apple, some walnuts, have a lunch which is similar to the breakfast model, just substitute the type of protein that you want, or have none. You can have a couple of slices of bread if you can withstand the urge to binge afterwards. I would really recommend to stop the bread if you want to see good results. Better to have a hearty salad, a black bean soup, chicken chow mein (especially if you can make it yourself), tuna fish and vegetables, you get the idea, this is not rocket science.
5. Take a 30minute walk today with a friend or family, or yourself, and if you can, get to the gym or in your home do some squats and pushups, 5 sets of 5 repetitions, and thats it.
Resources And ToolsFor resources and tools to ignite your health and fitness, lose weight without counting calories, get leaner and stronger, help depression without antidepressants, please click here.
Connect And Take ActionIf you appreciated this article, please subscribe to my personal blog here, or on the form below this post. Enter your first name and email and you will receive a free get fit cheat sheet.
This cheat sheet is a template of the plan I followed to lose 100 pounds in under a year.
Please read the cheat sheet, any other recommended articles and take action. You will not fail!
Please leave your questions/comments/corrections in the comment section below or contact me here.
Share your struggles, experiences and success. Thank You!