Who Designed the Okie?
The Okie Deadlift Bar was designed by Rickey Dale Crain.
Did you ever hear of Rickey Dale Crain?
Neither did I!
So, it is time to find out about this powerlifting legend.
Powerlifter Rickey Dale Crain Knows What You Need
The well-known fitness author Clarence Bass writes the following about Rickey Dale Crain:
If ever there was a man with a perfect name, it’s powerlifting legend, Rickey Dale Crain.
After teething on a dumbbell-shaped rattle – his father Don was and is an avid lifter – Crain started lifting at age 2, was deadlifting triple bodyweight by the time he was 10, and soon after discovered he had “real” talent in the squat, doing 200 at 13 and 400 before he turned 17 – as a 132-pounder.
In 1976, at age 23, he became the first middleweight (165 lbs) in history to squat with 700.
The rest, as they say, is history.
National and World Championships
In 35 years of competition Rickey, now 45, has racked up 10 National Championships and 4 World championships, breaking over 100 National, International and World records along the way.
His best contest lifts at 165 bodyweight are squat 800, bench press 440 and deadlift 716.
Asked if he had a message for aspiring powerlifters he responded, “Squat!”
As you can see, he’s the real deal.
For more details on Crain’s truly remarkable lifting career go to the library and dig out the July 1994 Powerlifting USA; it contains a wonderful piece by weightlifting historian Herb Glossbrenner.
As you might have guessed Rickey also makes his living in the field of powerlifting.
These are some of the credentials of the man who created the Okie Deadlift Bar.
What is so great about the Okie Deadlift Bar?
The Okie Deadlift Bar is used in local, state, regional, national, world, and international competitions.
Therefore, if you are thinking of competing in powerlifting competitions, you will get experience and used to deadlifting with the same barbell you will use in competition.
This barbell is engineered to the maximum length and minimum diameter permitted in powerlifting competitions.
This engineering creates a big spring.
If you are into powerlifting or just plain dedicated to deadlifting, you cannot go wrong with the Okie Deadlift Bar.
Lift Maximum Weight with a Great Grip
The Okie Deadlift Bar has a reputation of enabling you to deadlift maximum weight along with the best grip possible.
Rickey Dale Crain as mentioned above has deadlifted over 700 pounds himself, so he has the deadlift credibility for designing one of the best deadlift bars available today.
See 5 Best Deadlift Bars on The Market Today in 2022 for the rest of my top picks.
One Okie User
Here is the account of one Okie Deadlift Bar user:
- 5 Best Deadlift Bars on The Market Today in 2022
- How Many Calories Are Burned Deadlifting in One Workout?
- 15 Ways How to Protect Your Shins When Deadlifting
- 5 Best Shoes for Squats and Deadlifts: 2022 Buying Guide
- 7 Deadlift Muscles Worked That Will Change Your Body & Life
- 5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market in 2022
- Weightlifting Gear You Need – Sleeves, Wraps, Belts, and More!
- The Best Lifting Straps for Weightlifting Grip Strength in 2022
- Best Deadlift Equipment: Home Gym Guide – Start Lifting Today!
- The Simplest DIY Deadlift Platform for Beginners
- Deadlift Everyday Without Burning Out or Hurting Yourself
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Unleash Your Fitness Fast
- How Deadlifts Change Your Body in 27 Powerful Ways
- From Fat to Fit at 56 – About the Hashi Mashi Diet + Fitness Blog
- The Best Exercise for Depression – How the Deadlift Saved My Life