Benefits of Spinach in a 90 Day Weight Loss Plan – Day 2
Each day, I want to draw attention to a new food, habit, exercise, and their benefits to us in our quest to get fit both physically and mentally.
Today I will focus on the benefits of spinach.
Benefits of Spinach
1. Bones – one cup of fresh spinach will provide you with more than enough of your vitamin K daily requirements. Spinach is a powerful fuel for your bones, that is one of the key benefits of Spinach.
2. More Vitamins – besides vitamin K, spinach is also replete with vitamin D, vitamin E, and other trace minerals. The more vitamins the merrier!
3. Omega 3 Fatty Acids – believe it or not, it is not only fish that have omega 3 fatty acids, so does spinach!
4. Antioxidant-Rich – a critical spinach benefit has been demonstrated by researchers in that it appears to be the green vegetable has the most powerful anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties, especially in preventing prostate cancer.
5. Eyesight – the carotenoids in spinach will nourish your eyes and protect them from macular degeneration and cataracts.
6. Spinach is low in calories and high in nutrients. I know that you knew that already from Popeye.
I gleaned some of the information for this article from The Benefits of Spinach, the Superfood at https://www.care2.com/greenliving/8-benefits-of-spinach-the-first-superfood.html which was written by Diana Herrington and from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270609.php. Check them out for more details.
As I have mentioned previously:
I am always trying to refine what I have been learning to be of value to anyone who has struggled with overweight and/or depression issues.
So I thought that it would be of value to record and document a 90-day weight loss program that can be used by anyone.
I am going to be targeting 1800 calories or so for myself as is recommended by many medical authorities for men.
Women can remove one snack and target approximately 1500 calories a day.
This program will also have a goal of a 10% reduction in body weight as a start.
For me, that would put me at 175lbs by the end of the 90 days as I am starting out as can be seen below at 196.3 yesterday.
Another goal will be to reduce the BMI, the body mass index under 25.
Last but not least is the goal to reduce body fat percentage which is now for me at 22.9% to 19% as a first goal and eventually to 11%.
I am going to start with the development of certain good habits which will help all of us realize a great transformation.
Each day I will do my best to address one new good habit that we can all incorporate into our lives over the next 90 days.
I have heard that it takes between 21 and 30 days to really have a habit become part of our daily routine and 90 days will give us enough time to both get a productive habit as well as keep it long term.
Today we have covered the benefits of spinach.
As you can see below, I have used spinach in at least one of my meals.
The first is in the Turkey Sandwich which has a pretty thick layer of fresh spinach. I do not even bother cooking the spinach.
I will put the spinach on top of the stoneground whole wheat bread while the bread is grilling and it wilts a bit, but sometimes I will just put a bed of fresh spinach on the bread.
Anyone who wants to participate, just let me know and I will give you the permissions to create and edit your own posts/weight loss/fitness tables.
Let’s Get Started!
Weigh-in time is first thing in the morning, don’t forget the daily weigh!
90 Day Weight Loss Plan Breakfast – Day 2:
|Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal|
|Greek Yogurt Non-Fat Vanilla|
|Pure Honey Clover|
|Almond milk unsweetened original|
Lunch – Day 2
The benefits of spinach make it a no brainer to use spinach in your sandwich, yes, every day!
|Roasted Turkey Breast|
|Whole Wheat Panella Bread|
|Yellow Onion Sliced 1/4|
|Paul Neumans Light Balsamic|
|extra-virgin olive oil|
Dinner – Day 2
Spinach goes great with red kidney beans as well, so throw in a handful!
|Sweet Potato, Boiled|
|Red Kidney Beans|
|Imported Parmesan Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|Garden Veggie Patties|
Snack – Day 2:
Why am I using an Isagenix shake for my snack today?
1. It is recommended by Pete Cerqua, Author, Speaker, and Fitness Trainer for over 30 Years.
2. This protein meal replacement helps speed post-workout recovery.
3. Isagenix is designed to boost metabolism, curb hunger, and give you maximum muscle gains.
4. With Isagenix, you can get leaner, faster, and stay stronger, longer.
5. The proteins are derived exclusively from grass-fed cows raised on the pristine pastures of New Zealand.
6. A premium protein blend with superior branch-chained amino acids to boost muscle growth and maintenance.
7. Specialized nutrition for those who want to lose stubborn fat or visceral belly fat.
8. Specialized nutrition for older adults looking to prevent age-related muscle loss.
9. Delicious, yes, I think the natural chocolate IsaLean Pro is quite good!
10. Plus one serving contains 6 grams of fiber, 23 vitamins and minerals, low glycemic, gluten, soy-free, and active enzymes to aid digestion.
|IsaLean Pro Natural Chocolate|
Weight Loss Exercise – Day 2:
- One Hour Walk – Burning approximately 450 Calories
- Squats, one set of 12 reps with 45lb bar only.
- Pullups with 115lbs of assistance, one set of 12 reps.
- Dips with 115lbs of assistance, one set of 12 reps.
- Bench press, one set of 12 reps with 45lb bar only.
- Barbell rows, one set of 12 reps with 45lb bar.
- Deadlifts, one set of 12 reps with 70lbs.
- Standing Shoulder Press, one set of 12 reps with 50lbs.
- Curl with 20lb dumbells, one set of 12 reps.
90 Day Weight Loss Totals for Day 2:
- What Is Carb Cycling: How To Guide + Meal Planner(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Weight Lift for Weight Loss: A Workout Routine That Actually Works(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Squats for Weight Loss and Body Transformation(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Why Is It So Hard To Lose Weight After 30, 40 or 50?(Opens in a new browser tab)
- PAR-Q Form Questions to Participate in Physical Activity(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How an Obese Man Ditched These 3 Common Habits and Lost 75 Pounds in 6 Months
- The Top 15 Weight Loss Tips for That Actually Work
- 5 Great Rick Ross Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- The Best Men’s Fitness Over 50 Tips That Will Change Your Life
- How to Lose Weight While Sleeping and Dramatically Improve Your Health
- The Obesity Code Summary Can Spark Your Weight Loss
- 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body
- The Best Way to Stop Binge Eating at Night is Easier Than You Think
- Squats for Weight Loss and Body Transformation
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- What Muscles Does a Hex Bar Deadlift Work?
- 11 Best Steph Curry Deadlift and Training Secrets
- Albert Einstein’s Definition of Insanity Changes Everything
- Best Diet to Lose Weight Fast; Secrets of Hashi Mashi
- How Often Should You Weigh Yourself for Long Term Weight Loss?
- Just Eat Real Food Daily; Secrets to Change Your Body Fast
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Transform Your Body and Life
- Weight Lift for Weight Loss: A Workout Routine That Actually Works
- I Weigh 260 Pounds and Want to Lose Weight – Project 260