Is it time for your own getting fit at 50 before and after photos? Are you wondering why body transformation over 50 seems to be such a battle? You know that you are as capable as any one else out there, yet why is it so hard to lose weight over 50?
Once you realize the simplicity of changing your body even over 50, you will chomp at the bit to start your own getting fit at 50 before and after photos journey.
Are You in the Shape Today that You Want?
Do you look and feel out of shape? If yes, you are in the right place, no matter what your age. Keep reading and light yourself on fire to change your body and change your life.
You are frustrated, that is understandable. And you have heard the same tired advice for too many years. Eat less, move more. Don’t eat bread. Don’t eat potatoes or tomatoes. Eat chicken and broccoli only. Even worse, stop eating!
Bottom line, you are not in the shape that they want to be in after years on diets, going to weight watcher meetings, and buying diet books to no avail.
Do You Feel a Sense of Urgency to Change?
You know that overweight and obesity raises your risk of a host of chronic illnesses. And once you hit 50, you do not want to look your age. When you were young, you could not wait to look 21. But now, the tide has reversed.
You want to look like you do in those high school photos of yours, right? Some people even carry around pictures of themselves from 20 or 30 years ago. When you were a high school athlete or just looking great at 18. Who doesn’t look great in their twenties? There is a sense of urgency at this point because you want to see your kids and grandkids grow up. And if you are still single or divorced, you still hope to meet someone new.
Do you look and feel as good as you think you can? Would you want to go out
You care because you know that extra weight just adds more years to how you look. Aging already does its own job of changing how you look and feel, do you have to help it along? You want to make a change because you do not want to need assistance from people or walkers as you get up there in years. You know that you need to make the changes now if you hope to be strong and independent in the future.
The Mirror Does Not Lie
“I cannot believe that I look like that when I look in the mirror. I cannot believe that I could not fit into my wedding suit if you paid me a million dollars. There is no way I can even get my leg into the pants, let alone my belly. How did that happen? I have a wedding coming up in [month] or a company party in [month] or I am turning [age] on [day, month] and I want to look great for these milestones/events in my life. “
“I am so sick and tired of diets. I have been dieting for years with nothing to show for it. I still look the same even though I have walked on the treadmill enough miles to walk across the Atlantic ocean there and back.”
How many times have you thought or said something similar?
The mirror does not lie, and neither do current day photos.
It is time for you to keep a record of your own getting fit at 50 before and after photos. And not just 50, no matter what your age, if you are struggling with weight loss and fitness, start a photo log today.
When you are frustrated and think that it is impossible for you to change your body, do not despair. Perhaps you cannot believe that there is anything you can do to make much of a change because you think you ave heard it all.
You think you have tried it all. You have read all the books, there is nothing new for you to learn, right?
Freedom From Obesity is Not a Dream
I want you to feel relief. I want you to feel excitement. I want you to know that it is possible for you to transform your fitness, from fat to fit, even if you are obese today. This is the reason I show you my own getting fit at 50 before and after photos.
The truth is that these pictures are at the age of 55 and 56. So, if you are younger, you are way ahead of the game. I want you to know that you are still young at 50 and even 60 and it is not too late to take control of your life. I want you to feel more confidence in the seemingly magical power of your body to change it’s shape and health and appearance when you give your body the chance.
Your body will make the changes, not you. Give your body what it needs and get out of the way so that your body can change. You have little to do with most of your body’s processes, other than moving your body and feeding your body.
Outside of that, your body does everything.
Digestion of food, assimilation of nutrients, delivery of nutrients to every single cell of your body, breathing when you sleep, delivery of oxygen and removal of carbon dioxide, the beating of your heart, elimination of waste.
What exactly are you doing? Nothing. All you do is think, make choices, speak and move your skeletal muscles, that is it.
But your body does everything else. By the time you finish reading the rest of this post, you will know that it is your body that will change itself. Just as your body is overweight or obese today, your body will become lean and strong, no doubt.
This is the information I wish I had when I faced the perpetual diet dilemma, you are welcome.
Forget About The Same Old Diet Advice
You think that I will tell you to follow a high protein, high fat diet? Or high carb, low fat diet? Vegetarian or macrobiotic diet? Eat organic rabbits and vegetables? Maybe you think I will tell you to go vegan and that is the only way? Or point you to thousands of other diets that are on the market.
Even worse you might think I will tell you to stop eating altogether.
Oh wait, I know, you already do that!
Especially during the day. I imagine you cannot even believe that you are fat because you think you do not eat that much anyways, right?
All day you go to work and subsist on coffee and a donut here and there.
You think you have heard it all and read it all. Nothing is new you tell yourself, you have tried every diet from juicing, to fruit only, cabbage soup, grapefruit and Atkins.
High protein, low fat, low protein, high fat, high carb, no fat, low carb, high fat, no carbs, no fat and only meat. Does it make sense that you need to be a scientist to know how to eat?
Read Carefully, This is Your Ticket to Get Fit
My first piece of advice will catch you off guard. I want you to thank your higher power, whoever or whatever that might be, that you are fat.
Yep, say thank you that you are overweight or obese. In fact, you should probably get up and dance at how fat you are. No, this is not meant in any type of offensive way. I am totally serious.
The fact that you are fat is a great blessing. Your body is saving your life.
Every extra pound of fat that you have on your body is a life line. Without the ability of your body to store extra glucose as fat, you are at risk for many complications because of excess sugar in your blood. For example, having too much sugar in the blood can damage your blood vessels that supply vital organs. This increases the risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, vision and nerve problems. Is that enough?
Your body’s mechanism to store too much sugar in the blood as fat is saving your life. Instead of your excess blood sugar floating around and damaging your blood vessels and organs, your body stores the high glucose as fat. Your muscles are not active enough to accept the blood sugar, meaning you are insulin resistant, so your body has no choice but to store the extra glucose as fat.
See, your body is saving your life by storing excess blood sugar as fat. How great is that?
The good news is that as soon as you change your lifestyle habits that led you to this state of overweight or obesity, your body will release the fat and you will soon meet the real you, the lean and strong version of yourself.
Fundamentals for the Fit Apprentice™
- Thank your body’s ability to store excess blood glucose as fat for saving your health and life.
- Know that your body will change your body, from fat to fit, just as it did from fit to fat.
- Before you got your common habits that lead to obesity, you were fit, and just as your body changed from fit to fat, the same will happen the other way, your body will change from fat to fit. You just have to let your body do it’s magic.
- Establish regular meal times. Your body needs to eat you fool. You cannot starve your body all day and think that you did some heroic deed. “I worked all day and did not eat anything, I am such a hero!” No, you cannot think that ever. Where do you think your body is going to get calories, energy for all of the processes that your body does for you every day if you do not fuel your body? No, not from the air. And no, your body does not stop working because you decide to punish yourself and stop eating for 5 or 6 or 8 hours.
- If you stop eating, your body will take the calories from your muscles which you rarely use. That is how your metabolism gets slower as you get older. That is why your muscles appear to be depleted, because they are. Your body needs calories to do it’s thing. Stop punishing your body and eat.
- At regular meal times. Teach your body, train your body that it will receive fuel at regular times. This is the first step. Even if you do not drastically change your food quality at this moment, make sure to establish a regular meal pattern. Whatever works for you, but do not let your body starve. Eating every 3 to 4 hours will work for most people. Breakfast at 9, Lunch at 12, Snack at 3 and Dinner at 6. Or start the morning earlier and have 3 meals and 2 snacks. Once you teach your body that it will not be starving, will your body need the fat? No, and your body will work its magic just as it did when you gained weight over the last 40 years. Now, your body can shed these layers of fat, go from fat2fit and reveal the real you.
- Eat real food, daily. If you really want to change your body shape, you will have to change the quality of your food. Stop surrendering to the processed food that is all over the center aisles of your supermarket. Start eating real food that you can find on the edges. If the food has minimal packaging, you are on the right track. Real food is the food that people all over the world have eaten for time immemorial. Focus on vegetables, fruits, tubers, whole grains, lentils, beans, seeds, eggs, fish, chicken, and meat now and then.
- Stop stuffing yourself. This is not rocket science, but even if you eat the highest quality food, but too much, you are not doing yourself a favor. Yes, overeating leads to overweight and obesity. You are eating too much and stop it. Only you have the power to control how much you are eating. But here is the good news. If you eat every few hours, you are not going to eat an entire smorgasbord when you get home from work in the evening. I know, being a big hero, you eat nothing all day and when you come home you say “Honey, I’m home, boy, I was so busy at work and I ate nothing all day, I am starving.” Now you expect your wife to serve you food and the kitchen sink for the next 4 or 5 hours till you pass on the lazy boy watching TV? Forget about it. Stop starving your body and you will stop the stuffing.
- You cannot eat after 7 – 8pm latest. Okay, you wanted a rule? Here is one. Stop eating all night. Once you know that you cannot eat all night, you will make sure to eat your 2 meals and 1 or 2 snacks in the day time. By the time you get to dinner, a moderate amount of food will be just fine. Night time is for sleeping and resting. Your work time and most active time is in the day and that is when you need the bulk of your calories. Stop going home at night and expecting a dinner fit for a king. You will become one big fat King and that is not what you want.
- Focus on vegetables and plant food. There is significant evidence that moderate carbs and moderate amount of animal food leads to the best health outcomes. Make sure that you have some type of berries, vegetables, fruits, with all of your meals and snacks. Eat real food, say goodbye to processed food. Stop investing in Kellogs, M&M’s, Lay potato chips and Snickers. Start investing in your own health and fitness. Buy real food that does not need packaging to say “Hey, I’m healthy!”.
- Start moving, every day, at least take a walk for 30 minutes. You cannot sit immobile like a statue the entire day. And once you lose enough weight, you can begin strength training with the most powerful exercises to change your body on the planet; squats, deadlifts, bench press and/or pushups, jump rope and more to get fitter and stronger than you thought possible.
- Start today keeping a record of your getting fit at 50 before and after photos. Take selfies or have a friend/partner/spouse take your pictures for you. Keep these pictures in your wallet, not just your license picture which is 20 or 30 years old. You will be glad you have these pictures to appreciate your progress when you reach your ideal body weight.
11 Simple Getting Fit at 50 Before and After Photos
Here are some getting fit at 50 before and after photos. I know they are real because they are mine. When I first began this process, I had no clue that I would want to see all the damage I had caused one day. So I avoided taking pictures at my heaviest weights. You probably do the same.
But I emphasize again to start your own getting fit at 50 before and after photos. You need to see what you really look like now so you can motivate yourself to start eating in a way that benefits your health and fitness. Seeing what you really look like now and not staring at that photo of you when you were a high school athlete will be a great help. You will make much faster weight loss and fitness progress when you see what you really look like today. You will want to make the necessary changes.
It is time for your own getting fit at 50 before and after photos.
Do you want to see more Fit Over 50 Before and After photos?
Check out Diana Chaloux Lacerte’s Pinterest link right here for many more proofs that you can get fit over 50 and beyond!
I know it’s hard to believe, but the Fit Apprentice™ really does work …
You can change your body, or actually I should say that your body will change itself, as long as you let it. If you get out of the way and start some simple new habits, your health and appearance can change dramatically.
No more starving, no more eating like a bird, no more confusion, stop the endless frustration with not looking the way you know you can look and feel.
Instead, your body starts to heal. Your body appreciates the fuel that you give yourself. And your body releases the fat that has built up over so many decades of inactivity.
You will look and feel much younger than you look and feel today. Your family and friends will be happy to see that you are taking care of yourself and so will you.
Instead of wondering what to eat every day, you will start to think of fuel over food and how each meal will affect your health and fitness. Once you see the power of eating for fuel, you will never want to go back. Once you see the simplicity of eating real food daily, at regular times, and moving, you will be surprised at how simple it is.
No more frustration and diet confusion. No more suits and dresses that do not fit. Walk into a clothing store and buy what you want off the rack. Your true size, all will fit great.
Now it is time for you to take your own getting fit at 50 before and after photos.
The results will speak for themselves.
Free at last from overweight and obesity, free at last, Hashi Mashi!