NASM Study Guide Purpose
The purpose of this NASM study guide is to help you achieve NASM CPT Certification.
The intentions of this NASM study guide for CPT certification are:
- To provide reliable and informative information about NASM Certification.
- To help myself and others pass the NASM Certification Exam for Certified Personal Trainer.
- To be an accessible online NASM study guide for myself and others who are interested in NASM Certification.
My goals are to:
- Study and pass the NASM Certification exam coming up in September 2020.
- Do my best to answer or find the answers for comments and questions as soon as possible.
- Share additional NASM study guide resources for passing NASM Certification.
- Be the Best NASM study guide resource possible.
This NASM study guide is NOT an official NASM product or affiliate of NASM and has no approval or endorsement by NASM.
NASM Stands For?
NASM Study Guide (NASM stands for the National Academy of Sports Medicine) is one of the most prestigious Personal Trainer certifications.
How Long Does it Take to Get NASM Certified?
How long does it take to get NASM certified?
I will be in a better position to answer this question once I have NASM certification.
Having said that, I believe you have to allocate between 3 and 6 months at the minimum.
Of course, that depends on your level of knowledge starting out.
If you are already familiar with anatomy, kinesiology, skeletal muscles, physiology, your prep time will be much shorter.
But like any organization, NASM uses its own vocabulary and terminology for certain concepts.
I started with no prior knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, etc.
After a good 3 months of study, I feel I have at least another two or three months to go.
There is a lot of information to cover, especially if you are new to the field.
So, how long does it take to get NASM certified depends on your starting point and ability to absorb information.
You will have to memorize more muscles and joint movements than you realized you have.
This NASM CPT study guide will give you the best mnemonics that I have come up with.
Of course, you can come up with even better mnemonics, and if you do, please share.