Deadlift Shin Guards – Introduction
You deserve to have the best deadlift shin guards when you want to protect your shins while deadlifting.
Protective equipment is essential for all athletes that wish to achieve peak performance.
By ensuring the safety and comfort of essential body parts during training or events, you will be able to boost your athleticism and reach your training and fitness goals faster.
Some indispensable pieces of gear for your gym bag are shin guards and socks.
Football fans may be more familiar with the term, as shin guards are considered staples.
They were introduced in 1874 by one Sam Weller Widdowson, who took inspiration from the equipment used in cricket.¹
Professional players ridiculed the need for shin protection at first, but now it is more appreciated than ever.
After shin guards finally became accepted in football and their potential was recognized, many other sports introduced them to their list of staple equipment that ensures the security and defense of participants.
One activity in which they have become the norm is deadlifting, an integral part of bodybuilding, powerlifting, and body transformation.
There are two main types of shin guards used for deadlifting: socks and sleeves.
According to a 2014 study conducted on a sample group of football players, EVA, neoprene, and carbon are the best materials that provide adequate protection.²
These materials will also naturally work for fitness enthusiasts, bodybuilders, and powerlifters.
So here are our 5 top choice deadlift shin guards for sale in 2023.
5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market Today – Image Source: @MarvinInspire
#1. THEFITGUY Weightlifting Shin Guards
- ULTIMATE SHIN PROTECTION: Built of strong durable 5mm Neoprene material,...
- SAVE TIME - QUICK WEAR AND REMOVE: Takes only a few seconds to wear and remove....
- USE ONLY WHEN NEEDED - DURING WORKOUT: Optimize your workout by quickly wearing...
- VERSATILE AND STYLISH DESIGN: Can be worn all year round, directly on skin or on...
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST: The shin guards are 11.8 inches (30cm) long from top to...
You can wear THEFITGUY Weightlifting Shin Guards over your skin, socks, or training pants.
They provide the ultimate shin protection for:
- CrossFit workouts,
- Box jumps,
- Obstacle course racing (OCR), and
- Rope climbing
Their durable layer of 5 mm neoprene material will help impede injuries.
Best of all, with THEFITGUY shin guards, you do not need to remove your shoes, saving you valuable time.
#2. Moxy Deadlift Socks
- Achilles Tendon Performance
- Side Ventilation Marked By Grey Line
- Deadlift Cushion Padding
- MOXY Compression
- MOXY Performance Foot
Moxy deadlift socks are knee-high tall socks and are targeted primarily toward deadlifts.
They are tight-knit yet breathable, maximizing athletic performance and sustaining your workout regardless of how difficult it is.
They also support the shin and are smooth to the touch, which increases comfort during the training session.
The specialized Achilles tendon cushions of Moxy compression socks support the arch and absorb shock.
At the same time, their optimal length offers complete coverage of the area that is most prone to injury.
They come in assorted models, from skulls to unicorns and everything in between.
Pairs usually retail for 10 to 20 dollars, depending on the fabric and print.
All in all, Moxy weight lifting deadlift socks are one of the best deadlift shin guards you can purchase and use today.
How to Prevent Bloody Shins During Deadlifts
#3. Rocktape Rock Guards Protection Shin Guards
- PROTECTION FROM ROPE CLIMBS AND BOX JUMPS - RockGuards are designed to protect...
- DURABLE SHIN GUARD - 3rd generation RockGuards are made with strong and...
- STAYS IN PLACE - Organically designed to conform and move with your body, with a...
- DRAINS & DRIES FAST - A mesh back and perforated neoprene front means you stay...
- PERFORM YOUR BEST - Don’t stop training because of an injury - protect...
When it comes to an innovative, stylish design and efficient use of materials, nothing quite beats the quality of RockTape RockGuard shin guards.
The new, third-generation equipment is built with a durable outer layer for additional security.
Thus, the shin side sports perforated 5 mm neoprene, while the back is adorned with a four-way synthetic material that is breathable and light.
In addition, these excellent deadlift shin sleeves have integrated silicone beads to avoid slippage.
And this is also great for keeping any debris out, which means that they can come in handy for various sports other than deadlifting.
A pack of two RockGuard shin protectors retails for approximately 38 dollars, which is a great deal that you should take advantage of.
#4. Bear Grips Shin Guard Sleeves
- 🛡️PREVENT SHIN SCRAPES & BRUISES WITH 5X TIMES MORE PADDING: Bear Grips has...
- 🐻 THE MOST VERSATILE SLEEVES IN THE WORLD! If you ever have scraped your shin...
- 🔑 #1 CUSTOMER VOTED WEIGHT LIFTING SOCKS, 2022 EDITION: EASY SLIDE ON shin...
- 😀 BUILT WITH THE PERFECT FIT & PERFORMANCE: Bear Grips shin guards come in...
- ❤️ LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT GUARANTEE! Once you try them you will never workout...
If knee-high socks aren’t your cup of tea and you want something with a bit more reinforcement to sustain your deadlifting, a pair of sleeves are the ideal solution.
Bear Grips are some of the best on the market, as they are made from soft 5 mm thick neoprene and have a lateral zipper for easy put on or removal whenever you might need it.
A silicone band has been sewn in at the top to prevent the Bear Grips sleeve from falling.
Bear Grips Shin Guards Sleeves are available in three color options: black, pink, and neon green, and they can be purchased in a pair or as a single sleeve.
Thus, price points vary from 25 to 45 dollars.
#5. Adidas Rivalry OTC Socks
- Moisture-wicking yarn keeps your feet cool and dry.
- Arch and ankle compression for added stability.
- Cushioned foot provides protection from impact.
- NCAA compliant.
The Adidas Rivalry Field OTC Socks are perfect for both deadlifting and soccer if that’s more your speed.
They provide athletes with a comfortable fit and sufficient moisture wicking to ensure an effortless experience.
They aim to protect the shins and calves from the bruising characteristic of soccer and deadlifting.
Adidas Rivalry Field Socks retail for around 12 dollars a pair.
How to Deadlift: Layne Norton’s Complete Guide
Best Deadlift Shin Guards – Wrapping Up
Deadlifting can be an enriching physical activity.
If you need to lose weight before starting a deadlift program, follow these five simple steps to lose 20 pounds in 3 months.
Once you are ready to deadlift, use this beginner deadlift workout routine and 12-week program.
When you start to deadlift regularly, remember that your body and legs need maximum protection from damage.
Shin guards are an excellent choice for this, as they impede any scraping, scratching, or bruising from occurring, thus keeping the leg safe and comfortable.
Depending on your needs and preferences, any of the best shin guards mentioned above will make a suitable choice.
Our top picks for the best deadlift shin guards
Articles on Deadlifts:
More Deadlift equipment + gear
- The Most Important Deadlift Equipment for Beginners
- Best Deadlift Bars You Can Buy Today
- 5 Best Shoes for Squats AND Deadlifts on the Market Today
- The Simplest DIY Deadlift Platform for Beginners
- 7 Best Elbow Sleeves for Powerlifting & Weightlifting (2023)
- 5 Best Weightlifting Belts You Can Buy Today
- 5 Best Deadlift Shoes to Get the Most out of Every Single Rep
- 7 Best Knee Sleeves for Squats on the Market Today in 2023
- Best Deadlifting Socks to Protect Your Back from Injury
Why should you deadlift?
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Unleash Your Fitness Fast
- 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body
Learn how to deadlift
- How to Deadlift for Beginners – A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Deadlift Setup – How to Deadlift Like a Boss In 5 Simple Steps
- One Rep Max Calculator – 5 Ways How To Find Your 1RM
- How Often Should You Deadlift Per Week; A Beginner’s Guide
- How Many Deadlift Reps and Sets Should You Do; A Beginners Guide
Deadlift form tips + prevent injury
- 50 Essential Deadlift Tips and Tricks Every Beginner Should Know
- 15 Ways How to Prevent Bloody Shins When Deadlifting
- The Top 10 Deadlift With Proper Form Rules to Prevent Back Pain
- 13 Essential Alan Thrall Deadlift Tips You Need to Know
- The Top 15 Proper Deadlift Form Tips For Beginners
- 9 Essential Deadlift Workout Tips for Beginners
Deadlift workouts + programs
- One Great Beginner Deadlift Workout Routine for Powerlifting and Fitness
- 12-Week Deadlift Program for Beginners
- 3×5 Workout: The Only Strength Training Program You Will Ever Need
- Beginner Powerbuilding Program: Big & Strong Workout + Free PDF
- 531 for Beginners; How to Set Up this Classic Strength Program
- Phraks Greyskull LP Variant vs. Starting Strength vs. GSLP
¹ The Introduction of Shin Guards to Protect the Legs
² National Institute of Health 2014 Study on Best Materials for Leg Protection
About the Author
Luke S. Mitchell is an MS Undergraduate in Sports Journalism and manager of Defend Your Healthcare. He is interested in the mind-body relationship, how motivation shapes our bodies, and how we draw energy from one simple yet powerful thought. You can find him on Facebook and Twitter.