You deserve to have the best deadlift shin guards when you want to protect your shins while deadlifting. Protective equipment is essential for all athletes that wish to achieve peak performance.
By ensuring the safety and comfort of important body parts during training or events, you will be able to boost your athleticism and reach your fitness and training goals faster. Some indispensable pieces of gear are shin guards and socks.
Best Deadlift Shin Guards For Sale in 2020
Football fans may be more familiar with the term, as shin guards are considered to be staples of the sport. They were introduced in 1874 by one Sam Weller Widdowson, who took inspiration from the equipment used in cricket.¹
The need for shin protection was ridiculed by professional players at first, but now it is more appreciated than ever.
After shin guards finally became accepted in the world of football and their potential was recognized, many other sports introduced them to their list of staple equipment that ensures the security and defense of participants.
One activity in which they have become the norm is that of deadlifting, an integral part of bodybuilding, powerlifting, and fitness transformation.
There are two main types of shin guards used for deadlifting, namely socks and sleeves. According to a 2014 study conducted on a sample group of football players, EVA, neoprene, and carbon are the best materials that provide an adequate amount of protection.²
This is naturally true for fitness enthusiasts as well. Here are our top 5 deadlift shin guard picks for you to try in 2020.
1. THEFITGUY Weightlifting Shin Guards
- ULTIMATE SHIN PROTECTION: Built of strong durable 5mm Neoprene...
- SAVE TIME - QUICK WEAR AND REMOVE: Takes only a few seconds to wear...
- USE ONLY WHEN NEEDED - DURING WORKOUT: Optimize your workout by...
THEFITGUY Weightlifting Shin Guards can be worn over your skin, socks, or training pants. They provide shin protection for deadlifts, CrossFit, snatches, cleans, box jumps, and rope climbs. Their durable layer of 5mm Neoprene material will help impede injuries.
Best of all, with THEFITGUY shin guards, you do not need to remove your shoes, saving you valuable time.
2. Moxy Deadlift Socks
- Achilles Tendon Performance
- Side Ventilation Marked By Grey Line
- Deadlift Cushion Padding
Moxy deadlift socks are knee-high and specifically targeted towards deadlifts. They are tight-knit, yet breathable, which maximizes athletic performance and sustains your workout regardless of how difficult it is.
They also support the shin and are smooth to the touch, which increases comfort during the training session.
The specialized Achilles tendon cushions of Moxy deadlift socks supports the arch and absorbs shock, while their optimal length offers full coverage of the area that is most prone to injury.
They come in a variety of models, from skulls to unicorns and everything in between. Pairs usually retail for 10 to 20 dollars, depending on the fabric and print.
All in all, Moxy deadlift socks are one of the best deadlift shin guards you can purchase and use today.
3. Rocktape RockGuards Protection Shin Guards
- PROTECTION FROM ROPE CLIMBS AND BOX JUMPS - RockGuards are designed to...
- DURABLE SHIN GUARD - 3rd generation RockGuards are made with strong...
- STAYS IN PLACE - Organically designed to conform and move with your...
When it comes to innovative design and efficient use of materials, nothing quite beats the quality of RockTape RockGuard shin guards. The new, third generation of equipment is built with a double layer for additional security.
Thus, the shin side sports 5mm perforated neoprene, while the back is adorned with a four-way synthetic material that is breathable and light.
This is also great for keeping any debris out, which means that they can come in handy for a variety of sports other than deadlifting as well.
A pack of two RockGuard shin guards retails for approximately 38 dollars, which is a great deal that you should take advantage of.
4. Bear Grips Shin Guard Sleeves
- 🛡️ SHIN PROTECTOR Prevents rope climb burns, bruises via box...
- 🔑 NEW 2020 DESIGN: Removed zipper, Light-weight, Perfect-Fit...
- 🐻 VERSATILE GUARD: skin savers for any ropes, weight lifting,...
If high socks aren’t your cup of tea and you want something with a bit more reinforcement to sustain your deadlifting, sleeves are the ideal solution.
Bear Grips are some of the best on the market, as they are made from 5mm-thick soft neoprene and have a lateral zipper for easy put on or removal whenever you might need it.
To prevent the Bear Grips sleeve from falling down, a silicone band has been sewn in at the top.
Bear Grips Shin Guard Sleeves are available in three color options, namely black, pink, and neon green, and it can be purchased in a pair, or individually.
Thus, prices vary from 25 to 45 dollars.
5. Adidas Rivalry Field OTC Socks
- Moisture-wicking yarn keeps your feet cool and dry
- Arch and ankle compression for added stability
- Cushioned foot provides protection from impact
The Adidas Rivalry Field OTC Socks are perfect for both deadlifting and soccer if that’s more your speed. They provide athletes with a comfortable fit and enough moisture wicking to ensure an effortless experience.
They aim to protect the shins and calves from the bruising that is characteristic of soccer and deadlifting.
Adidas Rivalry Field Socks retail for around 12 dollars a pair.
Best Deadlift Shin Guards – Final Thoughts
Deadlifting can be an enriching physical activity. If you need to lose weight before starting a deadlift program, follow these five simple steps to lose 20 pounds in 3 months. Once you are ready to deadlift, use this beginner deadlift workout routine and 12-week program.
When you start to deadlift regularly, remember to protect your body from damage. Shin guards are an excellent choice for this, as they impede any scraping, scratching, or bruising from occurring, thus keeping the leg safe and comfortable. Depending on what your needs and preferences are, any of 2020’s best deadlift shin guards mentioned above will make a suitable choice.
Weightlifting Gear Reviews:
- Weightlifting Gear You Need – Knee Sleeves, Wrist Wraps, Belts, and More!
- 5 Best Weightlifting Shoes For Men And Women Buying Guide
- Best Deadlift Bars You Can Buy Today
- 5 Best Deadlift Shoes to Get the Most out of Every Single Rep
- Best Shoes for Squats AND Deadlifts on the Market Today
- 5 Best Deadlift Socks to Protect Your Back from Injury
- 7 Best Knee Sleeves for Squats on the Market Today in 2020
- 5 Best Weightlifting Belts You Can Buy Today
- How to Deadlift for Beginners – A Step by Step Guide
- 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body
- 3 Army ACFT Deadlift Standards for Combat Fitness You Probably Didn’t Know
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Unleash Your Fitness Fast
- One Great Beginner Deadlift Workout Routine for Powerlifting and Fitness
- How to Deadlift Like a Boss In 5 Simple Steps
- 12 Week Deadlift Program for Beginners
- The Top 10 Deadlift With Proper Form Rules to Prevent Back Pain
- 15 Most Important Proper Deadlift Form Tips You Need to Know
Products Mentioned in Post:
Deadlift Muscles Targeted Infographic by Hashimashi.com
Please take a moment to share the 5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market Today:
About the Guest Author
Luke S. Mitchell is an MS Undergraduate in Sports Journalism and manager of Defend Your Healthcare. He is interested not only in the mind-body relationship and how motivation shapes our bodies but also in how we draw energy just from one simple yet powerful thought. You can find him on Facebook and Twitter.