Moxy socks have been my trusted friend on my weight loss, fitness, and deadlift journey. When I first started to deadlift, I was killing my shins, and that is one painful injury.
Scraping your shins up every time you deadlift makes progress difficult, if not impossible. And it sucks all the joy out of your deadlift workout.
At some point, I searched on amazon for deadlift socks and up came three pages of Moxy deadlift socks. These were not just some plain jane socks.
There were Moxy bird leg socks, and other cool deadlift socks, which can probably be worn best by someone who lifts heavy (unlike me). And many other colorful and striking socks, wild designs that raise a few eyebrows. They even have Moxy socks which have the maple leaf of Canada and many other logos.
Who would have known?
I knew I needed knee-high socks for three reasons:
- keep my knees warm because of a torn medial meniscus in my left knee
- protect my shins from getting banged up during the deadlift
- help me focus on better form, and not protecting my shins
I believe I got my first pair of Moxy socks in 2012 or 2013. And I have been a fan ever since. They feel great, and do what I expected, plus some more.
For example, the Moxy socks also work well for me for squats. The reason is that they give me a little more support, and as mentioned before they keep my knees warm, and help me warm up faster.
Moxy socks also have good longevity. I am still using socks that I first purchased over five years ago. But, like any good product that you love, and takes a beating, eventually, they need to be replaced.
And replace I did with another three sock package of Moxy deadlift socks today. I thought you might want to see what they look like when you first get a pair.
- Ventilator Mesh Top
- Reciprocated Heel and Toe
- MOXY Performance Foot
- Premium Deadlift Protection with extra padding
- 3 Great Styles in one Package
Moxy socks packaging
Your Moxy socks arrive in a silver foil package that looks like this:
Pull apart the package at the top, and inside you will find three pairs of high-performance deadlift socks.
Each pair of Moxy premium deadlift socks is wrapped in an easy to open clear packaging like this:
IPF approved deadlift socks
Powerlifting competitions require that you wear long socks for deadlifts that cover your shins. The reason for this requirement to wear powerlifting deadlift socks is to prevent you from cutting your shins on the barbell's knurling when performing a deadlift.
The knurling is sharp and without shin protection, there is a possibility that you could bloody your shins, which will be pretty gross in the middle of a competition.
IPF approved deadlift socks brands include:
- Moxy deadlift socks
- SBD deadlift socks
- Titan, and
- Nike deadlift socks
Moxy deadlift socks benefits
- shin protection padding
- ventilation allows your feet to breathe
- one size fits all
- act as compression socks to enhance circulation and recovery
- cheaper than orthopedic socks, and look a lot better
- wear them under your pants during the winter instead of long johns
Deadlift Socks – Final Thoughts
If you deadlift, whether for fitness, bodybuilding or powerlifting, Moxy socks are an excellent investment to protect your shins.
For sure they are a must for deadlift beginners. Deadlifting is not only fun but an important exercise, especially as you get older. You need to keep your bones and body as strong as possible. So, don't think just cause you are over 50 you should not deadlift.
Of course, deadlifts are not the only exercise in the world. But it is hard to find another full-body compound movement which only requires a small area for training, has amazing benefits, and can dramatically change your body.
Moxy socks are not only for deadlifting. You can use them anywhere you need shin guards, for example:
- rope climbing
- box jumps
When you are a deadlift beginner, you need:
Moxy socks are one of the best deadlift socks on the market today in 2020.
- Achilles Tendon Performance
- Side Ventilation Marked By Grey Line
- Deadlift Cushion Padding
- MOXY Compression
- MOXY Performance Foot
Top 10 Related Posts:
- 5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market Today in 2020
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Unleash Your Fitness Fast
- 11 Great Trap Bar Deadlift Benefits You Didn't Know
- What Muscles Does a Hex Bar Deadlift Work?
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- 29 Best Brian Shaw Deadlift Tips that Will Make You Fit
- Top 7 Halting Snatch Deadlift Lessons from Dmitry Kolokov
- 5 Best Shoes for Squats and Deadlifts on the Market Today in 2020
- 7 Deadlift Fat Loss Results You Need to Know
- 10 Reasons Deadlifts are the Best Natural Alternative To Prozac