The best deadlift socks are critical for protecting your shins and back from injury, especially if you are a deadlift beginner.
But, how will a great pair of deadlift socks also protect your back?
Here is how – the closer the barbell is to your body, the less stress is placed on your back.
One of the best deadlift form tips you will ever learn is to keep the barbell close to the shins. And the best coaching cue for that is to imagine that you are bending the barbell around your legs.
By doing this, you will minimize back strain and pain, as well as shin scrapes. Any time the barbell leaves the vertical line on a lift, the likelihood of your back rounding and your risk of injury increases.
Therefore, the protective feature of extra shin padding in deadlifting socks is vital to:
- learn how to deadlift safely
- prevent scraping, bruising, or bleeding
- achieve the confidence to always maintain contact between the barbell and your legs
- avoid lower back pain or injury when deadlifting
- compete in powerlifting competitions with IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) approved deadlift socks
5 Best Deadlift Socks on the Market
Socks have come a long way since the Romans first wore leather socks¹ and the knitting machine was invented in 1589 by an English clergyman named William Lee.² Beyond all-important shin protection, modern deadlift socks provide additional benefits, such as:
- arch support to minimize foot burn out
- ventilation for breathability
- absorb sweat and keep your feet dry and cool
- prevent odors
The right gear is a must for athletes to achieve competence in their sport. And the same holds true for deadlifting, one of the most effective resistance training exercises you will ever do for your health and fitness.
Get the best gear to train safe and reap the remarkable benefits of deadlifts. Here are our top 5 deadlift socks picks for you to try in 2020.
1. Moxy Premium Deadlift HELIX Fitness Knee-High Socks
Moxy Premium Deadlift HELIX Fitness Knee-High Socks are designed with shin protection in mind. They offer:
- Extra full-cushion padding from mid-calf to your knee for enhanced shin protection
- Premium arch-support to maximize athletic performance
- Ventilating mesh for breathability and comfort
- One size fits all
- Compression keeps your legs warm and the blood circulating
The exclusive Achilles heel padding of the Moxy deadlift socks absorbs impact, while their padded hexagons offer full coverage of your shins which are most prone to bruising, scraping, and injury.
I have been using MOXY deadlift socks for several years and have never been disappointed, as explained in this review of Moxy socks for weight loss, deadlifting, and body transformation.
They come in a variety of most suitable for deadlifting like the APEX and HELIX, from the American flag and lightning bolts to every color of the rainbow. Pairs typically retail for 10 to 20 dollars, depending on the print and fabric.
All things considered, Moxy deadlift socks are one of the best deadlift socks you can purchase and use today.
- Premium Arch-Support
- Extra Full-Cushion from Mid-Calf to Knee
- Ventilating Mesh
- Platinum Quality
- Lifelong Durability
2. TrendWell Elite Athletic Socks
TrendWell Elite Athletic Socks is designed with performance, comfort, and durability in mind. Therefore, they are perfect for deadlifting, baseball, football, wrestling, soccer and just about any other sport.
Their features include:
- Arch and Ankle Support
- Cushioned Sole
- Thick fabric protects your ankles, legs, and shins
- Breathable Mesh
- Moisture Wicking
- Odor Control
- Antimicrobial, and
- Blister Control
Bottom line is that TrendWell manufactures high-quality inexpensive knee-high socks for deadlifting that retail for around 12 – 13 dollars a pair.
And, unlike most socks that have a no return policy, these socks come with a one-year money-back guarantee. If you don’t love them, send them back, so you can order with confidence. What do you have to lose?
- Designed to enhance performance. Look good, play good!
- Perfect for Soccer Socks, Baseball Socks, Softball Socks, Football Socks, Deadlift Socks, Lacrosse Socks, Rugby Socks, Field...
- Arch and Ankle Support, Cushioned Sole, Breathable Mesh, Moisture Wicking, Odor Control, Antimicrobial, and Blister Control
- SMALL fits Youth 13C-4Y. MEDIUM fits Men's 5-8.5, Women's 5-9.5, & Youth 4Y-6. LARGE fits Men's 9-13 & Women's 10-12. EXTRA...
- LOVE IT OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK: Your satisfaction means the world to us, so these socks are backed by our 1 Year Money Back...
3. Lifting Large High-Performance Deadlift Socks
–> Built-in arch support
–> Black with white lettering or
–> Black with red lettering
–> One size fits all
–> Made in the USA
Lifting Large deadlift socks are approved equipment in these federations:
–> USA Powerlifting
–> IPF Approved (International Powerlifting Federation)
–> USPA United States Powerlifting Association
–> IPL International Powerlifting League
–> One pair retails for less than 15 dollars.
4. Titan High-Performance Deadlift Socks
Titan Support Systems manufactures a wide range of IPF approved powerlifting equipment for the last 40 years, including deadlift socks. As a result, the Titan gear is a pillar in the sport of powerlifting worldwide.
–> Tight-knit to best protect your shins from the barbell knurling
–> Ventilated mesh tops for heel & toe breathability and comfort
–> Smooth surface to inhibit drag on the barbell
–> Arch support and Achilles tendon cushioning
–> Superior compression to promote circulation and warmth
–> Titan offers a wide range of IPF Approved raw and equipped powerlifting gear.
–> Made in the USA
–> Titan products are available in the United States from Anderson Powerlifting
–> Anderson Powerlifting has a great selection of deadlifting gear which I have purchased from before. Quick delivery and excellent customer support.
5. SBD Deadlift Socks
Walk into any Powerlifting gym, and you will be hard-pressed to not see competitive powerlifters wearing SBD deadlift socks in training and competition. That is how good they are, so a pair of SDB deadlift socks are an excellent choice whether or not competing is in your future.
Some of their main features are:
–> Premium long socks to cover the shin for pulling movements.
–> Manufactured with a tight-knit from a durable synthetic fiber, to protect the shins and minimize any catching on the bar.
–> USAPL, IPF, and USPA compliant.
–> Custom sock designed to cover the shin without a turnover.
–> Breathable construction with venting in the foot
–> Suitable for training and competition use.
–> Socks can not be returned or exchanged.
–> One pair retails for 16 dollars.
Best Deadlift Socks — Final Thoughts
By ensuring protection to the most critical body parts for your training, you will achieve your strength and conditioning goals faster. Some commercial gyms, and all powerlifting and CrossFit gyms will have barbells, bumper plates, and fractional plates.
But your gym will not provide the next most crucial and affordable pieces of equipment for deadlifting, which are:
- deadlift shoes – never wear squishy running shoes to deadlift
- socks – always wear deadlift socks at the minimum for safety and hygiene. There is no reason to scrape or bloody your shins learning how to deadlift.
- shin guards – are an excellent aid to learn how to deadlift or continue training if your shins are bruised
WARNING: No matter how high-quality your deadlift socks are, they will not make up for poor form and technique.
Therefore, the next most important step in your deadlift body transformation journey is to perfect your deadlift form.
Here are several posts to increase your knowledge:
Whether you are a competitive powerlifter or aiming for dramatic body transformation, any of 2020’s best deadlift socks mentioned above will make a suitable choice.
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- 15 Ways How to Protect Your Shins When Deadlifting
- 5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market Today in 2020
- 10 Proper Form Deadlift Rules to Prevent Injuries
- 39 Top Deadlift Tips For Beginners
- 5 Best Deadlift Shoes to Get the Most out of Every Single Rep in 2020
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Unleash Your Fitness Fast
- 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body and Mind
- 7 Deadlift Fat Loss Results You Need to Know
- How the Deadlift Saved My Life
Infographic by HashiMashi.com