How to cook Asparagus on the stove with Shiitake mushrooms the Nepali way will give you a new flavorful recipe for asparagus, a plant chock full of benefits. I am the first to admit that I never liked the taste or texture of asparagus. And yes, I’d take a snickers bar any day over asparagus. However, having said that, this recipe has converted me to an asparagus fan.
I had asparagus as little as possible before learning how to cook asparagus in the recipe below. Asparagus and Shiitake mushrooms go great with red lentil pasta and/or salmon. This is a fairly quick dish to make on the stove and it is delicious. And when you get bored with asparagus, if that is possible, check out the muscle & fitness benefits of broccoli.
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 10 medium-size shiitake mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a teaspoon coriander powder
- one teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Directions How to Cook Asparagus on Stove:
- Wash and quarter the mushrooms into four pieces.
- Wash and break the asparagus where the softest part ends. Throw away the hard end.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Put in the chopped garlic and let it become brown.
- Put in cumin, coriander, and turmeric powder.
- Immediately after that put in the mushroom and asparagus and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
Why bother learning how to cook asparagus?
Asparagus is so amazing, it deserves its own post praising the remarkable asparagus health benefits.
For now, let it suffice to say that asparagus is full of vitamins and minerals. Especially vitamins A, C, E and super plentiful in A. Asparagus is a rich source of glutathione that helps break down carcinogens. And asparagus is a natural diuretic for edema and high blood pressure.
This vegetable is full of nutrition and antioxidant power¹. Don’t eat dinner without it!
If you dislike asparagus, like I once did, learn how to cook asparagus on the stove, the Nepali way!
Top 10 Related Posts:
- How to Lose 20 Pounds in 3 Months Using 5 Simple Steps
- 15 Spectacular Broccoli Benefits You Need to Know
- Top 10 Most Obese States in America 2018 – 2020
- This Obese Man Ditched These 3 Common Habits and Lost 75 Pounds in 6 Months
- Quick and Easy Nepali Mustard Greens Recipe You Need to Lean Out
- How Deadlifts Change Your Body in 27 Powerful Ways
- Top 10 Benefits of Physical Activity for Your Health & Fitness
- 5 Great Rick Ross Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- How to Lose Weight While Sleeping and Dramatically Improve Your Health
- 7 Best Rob McElhenney Workout Tips to Get Ripped in 7 Months