Why do my legs ache so much after squats is what you are thinking.
Your legs are killing you.
So are mine!
Wednesday was my first day of doing squats for too long.
So the first reason I can give as to why my legs ache so much after squats is because I have not been consistent enough in doing squats.
I am sure that this will apply to other forms of exercise, but squats in particular will really blast your legs and the muscle soreness I have experienced since wednesday sure proves it.
I could barely walk by wednesday night and yesterday.
This morning, I am still feeling the soreness but am going to take a shot at doing squats again today.
Before getting into the biological reasons like muscle tearing and lactic acid build up, I want to point out a philosophical aspect.
I believe the reason why my legs so much after squats is to demonstrate how vital consistency is.
The reason that my legs became so sore from doing squats two days ago is because I have not been consistent enough with my workouts.
What to do when you have sore legs from squats?
There is no point in reinventing the wheel.
I see that Mehdi from stronglifts.com has an article addressing my question of why do my legs ache so much after squats and what to do about it: https://stronglifts.com/what-to-do-when-you-have-sore-legs-from-squats/
Why Do My Legs Ache So Much After Squats?
Respect the Squat!
Two years ago, I had never done squats in my life.
I started with just the bar and gradually built up from there.
Within six to nine months, my waist was at 31″, seventeen inches less than it had been and I was down 75lbs from 250lbs to 175lbs.
The truth is that it is hard work to a degree to get into shape.
But, a person still has to maintain it once you get there.
That is where I slipped.
There are no excuses, just awareness of what is going on and how to correct it.
Now I know why my legs ache so much after squats and what to do about it.
If your legs are hurting so bad after squats, most likely you have either not squatted much and this is your first birth pangs of a new form of exercise that is very demanding, or you have taken a big lay off from working out and this is your payback for not being consistent.
Your muscles have to get accustomed to the weights.
I am headed back to the gym!
Let’s see if I can find the remedy to why my legs are so sore from squats by becoming more consistent and doing more squats, not less.
I know why my legs ache so much after squats, what do you think?
- How to Do Squats Properly With Or Without Weights
- The Top 10 Squat Accessory Exercises for a Bigger, Better Squat
- Can You Squat and Deadlift on the Same Day or Not?
- 15 Big Bulgarian Split Squat Benefits Unlock Your Fitness
- 5 Best Shoes for Squats and Deadlifts on the Market Today in 2020
- 7 Powerful Squats Muscles Worked Will Improve Your Life
- Saquon Barkley Squat: Secrets of the Most Electrifying NFL Runner
- Calculate Calories Burned Doing Squats in 3 Easy Steps
- One Great Beginner Squat Workout Routine for Powerlifting and Fitness
- Matt Dimel Deadlift; How to Dramatically Improve Your Squat and Deadlift
- Proper Way to Do Squats; 26 Secrets for the Perfect Squat
- Should You Do a Deadlift and Squat Workout on the Same Day?
- Top 10 Ways To Avoid Knee Pain After Squats
- 20 Greatest Benefits of Squats; The King of Free Weight Strength Training