Who is Allyson Felix?
Before revealing the five impressive Allyson Felix deadlift results, let’s talk about Allyson Felix.
If you have been hiding under a rock regarding U.S. Track & Field sprinters, it is time to meet Allyson.
Allyson Felix is an American track and field sprint athlete who competes in the 100 meters, 200 meters, and 400 meters.
In Olympic competitions, Allyson Felix has a total of 6 Olympic gold medals, three silver medals, and one bronze.
In her fifth appearance at the Olympics, Allyson Felix won the bronze, her 10th Olympic gold medal In the 400m final of the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics.
And in her final Olympic appearance on August 8th, 2021, Allyson won her 11th Olympic medal in the 4×400 m relay where she won a seventh Olympic Gold medal.
This was her first appearance in the Olympics as a 35- year old mom as she gave birth to her daughter Camryn on November 28, 2018.
She is the most decorated female sprinter in U.S. history as of 2021 even surpassing track legend Carl Lewis as the most medaled American track and field Olympian.
Allyson Felix, the GOAT, the greatest American track athlete of all time!
How’s that for inspiration?!
Felix began her career at the age of 18.
She won a silver medal in the 200 meters race at the 2004 Summer Olympics and set a world record.
The 2004 Summer Olympics was also the beginning of her rivalry and friendship with Veronica Campbell Brown of Jamaica, who won gold.
5 Impressive Allyson Felix Deadlift Workout Results
#1. Deadlift Training for Speed
We do not associate deadlift training with track and field.
Deadlifting is for bodybuilders or powerlifters only, right?
Not so fast.
Meet the Barry Ross deadlift program.
Barry Ross, US Track and Strength Coach, details how Allyson’s deadlift program in the weight room improved her running times.
He designed a strength training program for Allyson Felix back in 2002.
Tim Layden of Sports Illustrated witnessed the astounding increase of Allyson Felix’s weight training program.
In only ten months, Allyson’s deadlift went from 125 lbs to 300 pounds.
As a result, her 200-meter sprint time improved, and she ran the fastest 200 meters in the world in 2003 (without resorting to drugs) for all women.
So, if you want to increase your speed, do not overlook the power of the deadlift and strength training.
Barry Ross revealed his breakthrough deadlift program in his book Underground Secrets to Faster Running.
- Ross, Barry (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 90 Pages - 11/02/2005 (Publication Date) - Lulu.com (Publisher)
Barry Ross’s strength program will dramatically increase running speed, jumping height, muscle power, and injury prevention for all athletes.
Coach Ross chose the deadlift workout as the centerpiece of the strength training workout.
Why the deadlift?
Because the deadlift works most of the muscles of your body and involves multiple joints.
“Why waste time and energy on squats or leg press machines?” Ross wondered in his 2004 article ‘The Holy Grail of Speed Training”.
#2. ‘Chicken Legs’ Deadlifts 300 Pounds
She was nicknamed “Chicken Legs” by her teammates at Los Angeles Baptist High School in North Hills, California.
Because at five-foot-six inches and 125-pounds, she had skinny legs.
Yet, despite her small frame, she deadlifted 300 pounds at a bodyweight of 125 pounds.
Even if you are ‘skinny,’ you can follow the Allyson Felix deadlift workout to increase your deadlift, power, and speed.
#3. Not only the Deadlift, Leg Press as Well
Allyson Felix deadlifting 300 pounds at a weight of 125 pounds is not the only wonder.
In 2012, Joe Student reported that she could do a 700-pound leg press.
A 700 pounds leg press just might trump the Allyson Felix deadlift of 300 pounds.
There is no question that her deadlift workout program increased her leg press strength as well.
#4. The Allyson Felix Workout Plan
Here is the basic Allyson Felix deadlift workout plan devised by Barry Ross, Strength Coach:
Train three consecutive days a week.
- Stretch before and after your deadlift workout.
- Deadlift 2-3 sets of 2-3 reps @ 80 – 90% 1 Rep Max (RM)
- So, if your one-rep max deadlift is 200 pounds, use 160 pounds to 180 pounds.
- Rest precisely 5 minutes between each set.
- Optional to add one of the following at each session, 2-3 sets of 2-3 reps.
- Push Press
- Bench Press
- Push-ups or Box Push-ups
- Power Clean
- Clean and Jerk
- Rest 5 minutes between each set.
- Abdominal exercises
- 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps, always isometric and always timed with 5 minutes rest between sets
- No Lifts To Failure
- The rest period between sets is precisely 5 minutes allowing up to 90% or more ATP regeneration.
- The benefit is much more rapid strength gain.
- By keeping sets and reps low, timed with 5 minutes rest, and without lifts to failure, lactic acid was minimal or non-existent.
- The benefit is that you will feel exhilarated and ready for a full event workout even after lifting.
Source Credit: Barry Ross deadlift program from ‘The Holy Grail of Speed Training” by Barry Ross, US Track and Strength Coach.
#5. Watch Allyson Felix 400m Videos
Allyson Felix Olympic Gold medalist in the women’s 400m in 2015 Bejing:
Allyson Felix Medals
Below are the medals Allyson Felix has won over the last 15 years according to Wikipedia, what a resume:
- 2008 Beijing 4×400 m relay
- 2012 London 200 m
- 2012 London 4×100 m relay
- 2012 London 4×400 m relay
- 2016 Rio de Janeiro 4×100 m relay
- 2016 Rio de Janeiro 4×400 m relay
- 2021 Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics 4×400 m relay
- 2004 Athens 200 m
- 2008 Beijing 200 m
- 2016 Rio de Janeiro 400 m
- 2021 Tokyo 400 m
All Allyson Felix Olympic Medal Races 2004 – 2016
- 2005 Helsinki 200 m
- 2007 Osaka 200 m
- 2007 Osaka 4×100 m relay
- 2007 Osaka 4×400 m relay
- 2009 Berlin 200 m
- 2009 Berlin 4×400 m relay
- 2011 Daegu 4×100 m relay
- 2011 Daegu 4×400 m relay
- 2015 Beijing 400 m
- 2011 Daegu 400 m
- 2015 Beijing 4×100 m relay
- 2015 Beijing 4×400 m relay
- 2011 Daegu 200 m
World Indoor Championships
- 2010 Doha 4×400 m relay
World Relay Championships
- 2015 Nassau 4×100 m relay
Pan American Games
- 2003 Santo Domingo 4×100 m relay
- 2003 Santo Domingo 200 m
World Youth Championships
- 2001 Debrecen 100 m
- 2001 Debrecen Medley relay
Allyson Felix Deadlift – Wrapping Up
Allyson Felix is an 11-time Olympic medalist.
She is now the most celebrated woman in the Olympics track and field history.
This post focuses on her rocket rise to stardom and the role that the deadlift played in her training.
Whether you are a runner, actor, accountant, programmer, or overweight and looking to get fit, the deadlift can transform your body and life.
Read how the deadlift helped propel Allyson Felix to track and field greatness.
The deadlift can do the same for you, whatever your sport or interest is.
Allyson Felix Posters for Sale
- QUALITY PAPER AND FINISH - This is a brand new, rare, reproduction,...
- LENGTH, WIDTH, & HANGING - This poster has a size of 24 X 36 inches...
- GIVE IT AS A GIFT - If you're that type of person, there is no reason...
Do you think deadlifts are only for bodybuilders, actors, powerlifters, and Olympic track and field stars?
Also, see the 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body