Deadlift World Record – Introduction
Why might you want to see world record deadlift feats of strength by the strongest men and powerlifters of all time?
So you can stay motivated to get to your deadlift workout today.
Whatever your weightlifting goals are, inspiration is an important factor in achieving them.
For example, while I deadlift solely for fitness, I still like to see world record deadlifts for motivation that it is possible to deadlift more than 200 pounds which is my highest deadlift.
Yea, give me a break, I’m almost 65 and glad I am able to ride a bike, let alone deadlift!
I am just a deadlift apprentice, learning the best form, and trying to get stronger.
My guess is that is what you want as well, to get leaner, stronger and fitter.
And when it comes to a fantastic strength training exercise to help anyone of any age get more fit, the deadlift is hard to beat.
With one simple compound movement, you can hit all the major muscles of your entire body, even the often neglected posterior chain muscles (back half of your body).
So, check out these world record deadlifts through the years:
#1. Zydrunas Savickas 1155lb Tire Deadlift
This world record tire deadlift of 1155lb/524kg was set at the 2014 Arnold Strongman Classic by Lithuanian strongman and powerlifter Zydrunas Savickas.
From 1998 till 2020, Savickas has competed in strength competitions around the world, winning a stunning total of 36 International and 46 Lithuanian first place finishes.
For that reason, Zydrunas Savickas, also known as the ‘Big Z’ is considered by many to be the GOAT, the greatest strength athlete of all time.
The tire deadlift is a deadlift performed using hummer tires instead of weight plates.
World Record Deadlift 1,155 pounds World’s Strongest Man
#2. Eddie Hall 1020lb Deadlift Strongman Competition
The deadlift in strongman competitions is a deadlift using a standard bar and plates.
However, straps and hitching are allowed.
The highest deadlift record is 463 kg (1,021 lb) by Briton Eddie Hall.
Watch Eddie ‘The Beast’ Hall do a deadlift of 463kg or 1020 lbs in Leeds England to win the World Deadlift Championships.
The commentary in the background audio comes courtesy of Laurence Shahlaei, Bill Kazmaier, and Benedikt Magnusson.
Eddie Hall World Record Deadlift 463kg/1020lbs
#3. Benedikt Magnusson 1010lb Raw Deadlift Record
A raw deadlift is performed without the aid of a deadlift suit.
Only a weight belt is allowed.
The world record for the raw deadlift in 2014 was 461 kg/1010 lb and set by Icelandic powerlifter and strongman Benedikt “Benni” Magnusson.
Europe’s Strongest Man 2014 – Raw deadlift world record
#4. Andy Bolton 1009lb Equipped Deadlift
An equipped deadlift is performed using a deadlift suit and standard bar.
As well as a standard bar and plates.
However, straps are not allowed.
The record for an equipped deadlift 2009 was 457.5 kg/1009lb and set by English strongman and powerlifter Andy Bolton.
Andy Bolton is famous for being the first man to deadlift 1000 pounds!
Andy Bolton 1009lb/457.5kg New Deadlift World Record
#5. Tom Magee 1180lb Partial Deadlift Record
Irish-Canadian Tom Magee does an 1180 pound pull and breaks the partial lift World Record
The world record for a partial deadlift in a strongman competition is 535 kg/1180 pounds) by Tom Magee.
This happened in the 1983 World’s Strongest Man competition.
The partial deadlift is performed with wrist straps from 18″ off the floor with high bending bar.
Tom Magee 1180 pound pull, bricks lift World Record
- 23 Best Eddie Hall Deadlift Program Tips
- 29 Best Brian Shaw Deadlift Tips that Will Make You Fit
- 15 Most Important Proper Deadlift Form Tips You Need to Know
- 25 Best Konstantin Konstantinovs Workout Routine Tips
- 7 Best Rob McElhenney Workout Tips to Get Ripped in 7 Months
- 5 Powerful Franco Columbu Workout Tips You Can Use Today
- 5 Fantastic Ed Coan Deadlift Program Tips You Need to Know
- 9 Essential Deadlift Workout Tips for Beginners
- One Great Beginner Deadlift Workout Routine for Powerlifting and Fitness
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- 5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market Today in 2020
- 50 Essential Deadlift Tips and Tricks Every Beginner Should Know
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Unleash Your Fitness Fast
- What Muscles Does a Hex Bar Deadlift Work?
- 3×5 Workout Plan: The Only Strength Training Program You Will Ever Need
- A Shirley Webb Deadlift Will Make You Strong in 5 Amazing Ways