Introduction to Eddie Hall, the King of Deadlift
Eddie Hall’s deadlift tips are worth their weight in gold. Because if you want to learn about the deadlift, there is no one more accomplished than Eddie.
Hall is the current title holder for the deadlift world record of half a ton, 500 kg, 1,102.31 pounds on July 10, 2016. He also won the World’s Strongest Man in 2017. It is no wonder that Eddie is known as the Beast.
He performed his most famous feat of deadlift strength on July 10, 2016, in front of 10,000 fans at the World Deadlift Championships in Leeds, England. This historic display of superhuman strength still stands today.¹
Will anyone ever match Eddie Hall’s world record deadlift of 500kg (1,102.31 pounds)?
How He Started His Strongman Career
Hall was born in Newcastle-under-Lyme, England on January 15, 1988.
The Beast started his athletic career as a Rugby player and competitive swimmer as a teenager. Despite being expelled from Clayton High School at the age of 15 and becoming a car mechanic, he achieved worldwide fame for his strongman and deadlift titles.
He originally trained as a bodybuilder and then qualified for strongman competition in 2012 at the age of 24.
Strongman Titles and Deadlift Records
- 2010 – 1st place England’s Strongest Man (Elite)
- 2011 – 1st place England’s Strongest Man (UKSC)
- 2011 – 2016 1st place UK’s Strongest Man for six years straight
- 2013 – 2nd place Giants Live Hungary
- 2014 – 3rd place Giants Live Hungary
- 2014 – 2018 – 1st place Britain’s Strongest Man five years straight
- 2015 – Achieved a deadlift world record of 462 kg (1,019 lb; 72.8 st) at the Arnold Classic in Australia.
- 2016 – 3rd World’s Strongest Man
- 2016 – Long bar deadlift of 465 kg (1,025 lb) for a new world record
- 2017 – 2nd Europe’s Strongest Man
- 2017 – 1st place winner World’s Strongest Man. In his last Strongman contest, he defeated four-time winner Brian Shaw, from the USA, and Game of Thrones star Hafthor Bjornsson “The Mountain” from Iceland.
World Record Deadlift
On July 10, 2016, he set the current world record of half a ton, 500kg deadlift (1,102.31 lbs) at the World Deadlift Championships in Leeds, England. Immediately after this jaw-dropping deadlift, Eddie Hall nearly died from bursting blood vessels in his brain. He lost consciousness and temporarily lost his vision.
As a result, Hall retired from Strongman competitions because of health concerns and devotion to his wife Alexandra Hall and their two children.
Hall’s 500kg world record deadlift still stands today and is not in jeopardy of being broken anytime soon. One of the only other men on the planet who appears poised to do a 501kg deadlift is American Jerry Pritchett. Watch Jerry makes deadlift of 1,030 pounds on an elephant bar:
23 Top Eddie Hall Deadlift Program Tips
How to Deadlift
#1. Find your perfect starting position with a deficit deadlift.
- Stand with a barbell loaded with 25-pound bumper plates on either side.
- Lower the barbell in a vertical line till the plates touch the floor.
- Remember this position because it is your best deadlift starting position.
#2. Keep the barbell over the middle of your foot.
#3. A good cue is to line up the bar right over the arch of your foot.
#4. Or you can also use masking tape on the floor under the barbell to see where midfoot is for your feet.
Stance and Grip
#5. Your position should be shoulder-width, similar to how you set up for a leg press.
#6. A good cue for how wide your grip should be is to line up your thumbs with the middle of your shin and then grip the bar.
#7. There should be no friction between your arms and legs, pulling or lowering the weight.
#8. The bar should travel in a straight line up and down.
#9. Instead of letting the bar crash to the floor, lightly tap the bar on the floor between reps.
Think Leg Press
#10. Hold the bar tight and leg press the planet away from you.
Don’t train to lockout
#11. A fascinating tip is not to waste time and energy deadlifting the bar to a full lockout position. Because the hardest part is deadlifting the weight to the knee. Therefore, that is where most of your training should be.
#12. Deadlift to a full lockout position once a month. Why waste time and energy training for the last half of the deadlift if the first half is the most difficult?
Deadlift Assistance Exercises
#13. Always work between a 10 and 12 rep range for smaller deadlift assistance muscles, like your lats which are relatively small compared to the main muscle groups used by the deadlift.
#14. For compound movements like the squat, deadlift and bench press, 5 or 6 reps is enough to fatigue the muscles worked.
#15. A few work sets of 10 to 12 reps are enough for rows, lat pulldowns, and pullups.
#16. Don’t overtrain.
#17. For every exercise you do, end with your highest weight you can move.
#18. Don’t go back for more reps at a lighter weight. Once your muscle gets used to lifting heavy, why go backward?
#19. Train explosively for all your exercises.
#20. Always work on building speed.
#21. Use a deadlift bar that has the proper tensile strength for competitive deadlifting.
#22. Eddie recommends the Texas deadlift bar. He pulled 500kg for a world record that still stands using the Texas bar.
#23. He also suggests using the deadlift deadener. to protect your floor, reduce noise, and perfect your technique.Gym Professor Deadlift Deadener 500 (Pair)
Eddie Hall Deadlift – Final Thoughts
Whether you want to deadlift a thousand pounds or dramatically change your body, use these 23 Eddie Hall deadlift workout tips to improve your technique and strength.
If you are a deadlift beginner and need to lose weight first, use this guide to lose 20 lbs in 3 months. Once you are ready to deadlift, try out this beginner deadlift training routine and 12-week program.
When you want to know the best deadlift tips, learn from the King of the deadlift, Eddie Hall.
Please comment/modify/suggest improvements to 23 Eddie Hall Deadlift Program tips.
Top 10 Related Posts:
- 29 Best Brian Shaw Deadlift Tips that Will Make You Fit
- 15 Most Important Proper Deadlift Form Tips You Need to Know
- 25 Best Konstantin Konstantinovs Workout Routine Tips
- 7 Best Rob McElhenney Workout Tips to Get Ripped in 7 Months
- 5 Powerful Franco Columbu Workout Tips You Can Use Today
- 5 Fantastic Ed Coan Deadlift Program Tips You Need to Know
- 9 Essential Deadlift Workout Tips for Beginners
- One Great Beginner Deadlift Workout Routine for Powerlifting and Fitness
- 7 Most Important Deadlift Muscles Worked To Change Your Life
- 5 Best Deadlift Shin Guards on the Market Today in 2020
Please pin and share the 23 Best Eddie Hall Deadlift Tips to Rocket Your Deadlifting with your friends and family: