How to Improve your Immune System This Year
Learning how to improve your immune system is beneficial to everyone no matter what your age is.
A healthy immune system can defeat a bacterium, virus, or another microorganism that can cause disease.
For this reason, you want to have a healthy immune system.
Losing weight is not the only goal of changing your lifestyle, it is merely weight loss.
Your primary goal is health and fitness, especially after fifty when your body’s natural resources have the additional strain of age.
What can you do?
In general, improving your lifestyle habits is your best bet for improving your immune system.
Let’s define those healthy lifestyle habits:
#1. Stop Smoking!
Stop smoking if you do and do not start smoking if you don’t.
Your immune system will always function best when not under attack from foreign substances such as tobacco smoke
#2. Choose Real Food Over Processed
The first rule to improve your immune system is to do no harm in the first place.
In order to do no harm, you want to remove whatever irritants that you can from your diet.
For example, eat a diet high in vegetables and fruits.
You regularly hear about people on a low-carb or low-fat diet.
Instead, it is time to:
- think more about what you can eat than what you cannot.
- consider a high vegetable diet as opposed to low carb.
- increase the nutrient content of what you eat every day and decrease the irritant content.
Vegetables are loaded with nutrients that we are just beginning to understand.
What we do know is that simple vegetables like broccoli have amazing nutritional power and is where you should place your focus.
Stop thinking about processed food and start thinking of real food.
Instead of a muffin or bagel in the morning, have a boiled egg and some raw vegetables and fruit.
The muffin and the bagel are manufactured food and some of the chemicals which go into creating this manufactured food might not be recognizable for your body.
You can be confident that when you eat real food that is hormone and pesticide-free, your body will thank you for it.
#3. Walk 30 Minutes Every Day
Move your body every day.
- and watching tv is not exercise.
- at your desk, at the kitchen table, and at dinner is not exercise.
- and driving or sitting and commuting is also not exercising.
At the minimum, get outside or on a treadmill for a walk of at least 30 minutes, a day.
Listen to an audiobook or class to feel that not only did you take care of your body, but you also learned something as well.
#4. Get to Your Ideal Body Weight
Maintain a healthy weight for your height and age.
#5. Normal Blood Pressure
Maintain normal blood pressure.
“Your blood pressure rises with each heartbeat and falls when your heart relaxes between beats.
While BP can change from minute to minute with changes in posture, exercise, stress, or sleep, it should normally be less than 120/80 mm Hg (less than 120 systolic AND less than 80 diastolic) for an adult age 20 or over.” ¹
#6. Alcohol in Moderation
Drink alcohol in moderation.
“If you choose to drink alcohol, do so only in moderation.
For healthy adults, that means up to one drink a day for women of all ages and men older than age 65, and up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger.
Examples of one drink include Beer: 12 fluid ounces (355 milliliters).” ²
#7. Get More Than Seven Hours of Sleep
Get good restful sleep.
How much sleep do you really need?
“Some people say they can function on four to six hours of sleep each night, but research shows that adults who get fewer than seven hours of sleep — whether for just one night or over the course of days, weeks, or months — have more difficulty concentrating and more mood problems than people who sleep seven to nine hours.” 3
#8. Wash Your Hands Frequently
Avoid infection by washing your hands frequently and keeping your fingers out of your mouth.
Note to nailbiters that it is time to stop, if not for aesthetic reasons, certainly for your health.
“Wash your hands.
Regular hand-washing is one of the most important things you can do to reduce your risk of infection.
Wash your hands thoroughly and often, especially when you are around a lot of people (for example, in a hospital or doctor’s office, or at school or work).” 4
How to Improve Your Immune System – Final Thoughts
These simple habits can be the foundation for boosting your immune system:
- Stop smoking.
- Eat a high vegetable diet. Think real food and stop consuming irritants like processed foods.
- Exercise every day, at least, take a walk, for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Maintain an ideal weight for your height and frame.
- Get your blood pressure to normal, at least, 120/80 or better.
- Drink only one to two alcoholic drinks a day, if any.
- Get a great night’s sleep.
- Avoid infection, wash your hands, and stop putting them in your mouth.
If these tips for how to improve your immune system are helpful, please share this post with your friends and family.
If you have any additional immune-boosting ideas, please leave them in the comments.
- Just Eat Real Food; The Secret Sauce for Weight Loss
- Hashi Mashi Diet + Training; Tips for Your Mind and Body
- Just Eat Real Food Daily; The Secret to Change Your Body Fast
- Best Diet to Lose Weight Fast; Secrets Of Hashi Mashi
- The Top 15 Weight Loss Tips for Men and Women That Work
- Sugar is a Drug and Making Us Really Sick; Surprised?
- Is Carbohydrate Addiction Real or Your Imagination?
- Ultra-Processed Food Horror Show
- How to Lose Weight While Sleeping and Dramatically Improve Your Health
- Eat Real Food and Conquer Your Own Mount Kilimanjaro
- 37 Remarkable Benefits of Deadlifts to Unleash Your Fitness Fast
- 20 Greatest Benefits of Squats; The King of Free Weight Strength Training
- A Simple Fitness Plan for Weight Loss – The Fit Apprentice™
- The Powerful Benefits of Push-Ups to Change your Body from Fat to Fit
- The Top 10 Squat Accessory Exercises for a Bigger, Better Squat
- What Does Testosterone Do for Men: 15 Vital Benefits to Up Your Game
- 15 Spectacular Broccoli Benefits You Need to Know
- 15 Magical Benefits of Losing 20 Pounds
- 7 Best Kettlebell Deadlift Variations You Can Do at Home
- The Top 10 Deadlift Assistance Exercises to Fix Your Deadlift