The Benefits of Losing Ten Pounds
Look at some of the critical benefits of healthy and sustainable weight loss (as noted by the National Institute of Health¹:
Here are some of the most significant benefits of your new weight loss if you take off ten pounds.
- Weight loss lowers elevated blood pressure in overweight and obese persons with high blood pressure
- Lower weight reduces elevated levels of total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- It raises low levels of HDL-cholesterol in overweight and obese persons with dyslipidemia.
- Weight loss lowers elevated blood glucose levels in overweight and obese persons with type 2 diabetes.
- The initial goal of weight loss should be to reduce body weight by about 10 percent from your baseline.
- Weight loss should be about 1 to 2 pounds per week, which is why the Hashi Mashi plan guides you to lose no more than 10 lbs in a month.
You will discover that you do not need calorie counting or intermittent fasting or a food journal.
All you have to do is adopt some simple lifestyle habits.
Benefits of Losing Weight Slowly (Steady Fat Loss)
The Hashi Mashi Diet + Exercise Plan
Move Your Body +
Strength Training Exercises
- pushups, and
- the classic powerlifting exercises:
- squats, and their accessory exercises,
- bench press, and its assistance exercises.
- deadlifts, and its assistance exercises
50 Pounds or More of Weight to Lose
If you have more than 50 pounds to lose, keep following the program for how to lose 10 pounds in one month, and in six months you will be down a good 60 pounds or more.
You can lose up to 75 pounds in six months without suffering.
Having real food every day is going to make you feel the best you have felt in many years.
And the modest amount of exercise is going to help you feel and look fitter than you have been for many years.
Do not be surprised if your friends and family do not recognize you.
Physical activity should be part of a comprehensive weight control program because it:
- modestly contributes to weight loss in overweight and obese adults,
- may decrease abdominal fat,
- increases cardiorespiratory fitness, and
- may help with the maintenance of weight loss
At the least, you should walk for 30 minutes to 60 minutes a day.
Benefits of Walking 30 Minutes A Day | Dr. Nick Zyrowski
Physical activity should be an integral part of weight-loss therapy and weight maintenance.
Initially, moderate levels of physical activity for 30 to 45 minutes, 3 to 5 days a week, should be encouraged.
All adults should set a long-term goal to accumulate at least 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity physical activity on most, and preferably all, days of the week.
Do 30 minutes of walking 5 to 6 times a week and then alternate between lower and upper body strength training.
For example, if you do squats and deadlifts on:
- Wednesday and
Then you should do the upper body on Tuesday and Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday.
Another strategy is to work on one body part per day, like chest on day 1, back on day 2, shoulders on day 3, legs on day four, and arms on day 5.
Take off at least one to two days a week from both the diet and exercise plan so you can take a break and refresh.
Do You Have to Count and Cut Calories?
A reduced-calorie diet is not necessary.
Instead, a reduced to zero processed food eating plan is what is needed.
Forget cutting 500 calories a day, focus on eating real good healthy food daily, and you will see the results.
Tracking your calorie intake is not necessary or practical.
This post on how to lose 10 pounds in a month teaches you the most important behavioral changes you need to make to be successful.
By the way, you do not need pills like phentermine to lose weight.
The Best Drugs for Weight Loss
You do not need drug therapy.
The best drugs are:
- some whole grains like
- kasha, and
- starches like
- sweet potato and
- butternut squash, along with
- lean protein and
- exercising your body more frequently.
To sum up, the essence of the Hashi Mashi diet + training plan is five words:
“Eat Real Food and Move”
You Can Never Out-Train a Processed Food Diet
The Simplest Guide for Losing Ten Pounds in a Month
Sample menu plan
- Drink a glass of water after waking up
- Take a 30 to 60-minute walk if possible in the morning
- Walk to work or park further from your office.
- You do not need to do high-intensity interval training to lose weight.
- All you need to do is walk and eat real food.
If you think walking for weight loss is for the birds, read Walking with Peety: The Dog Who Saved My Life.
Have the same breakfasts and lunches that you know you enjoy, and you can be a bit more adventurous for dinner.
A hearty bowl of oatmeal:
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- handful walnuts
- handful raising
- 1/2 a banana
- some strawberries or blueberries
or a Classic Hashi Mashi Good Morning Breakfast
- Natural hummus or substitute a baked white or sweet potato
- One whole egg
- Two egg whites
- sauteed red pepper, onion, mushroom, garlic and tomato
- half an avocado
First snack of the day
Have a smoothie. Use either
A smoothie is useful for breaking snacks and sugar cravings for junk food.
Remember, you never want to go hungry.
Chocolate peanut butter smoothie recipe
- 1 cup of cold water
- One packet of Isagenix for the shake below
- Five ice cubes
- tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 a banana, yes, I like both banana and peanut butter, even together as a snack.
- some blueberries
- Blend and voila –
Isagenix Chocolate Shake
Other Snack Options
But, you do not have to have a smoothie.
You can also have a snack with
- fruit like berries and plain yogurt or
- berries and cottage cheese or
- berries and some nuts (that means no more than a handful, that is enough)
You get the idea, which is to have some fuel, real food fuel, and not to go starving all day, which is the American way, to eat little during the day and eat too much in the evening.
If you have 3 to 4 meals by the time you get to dinner, you are not going to be famished, plus you will have already given your body the nutrition that it craves.
Make it simple, for example:
- Baked potato, salad, and some sliced turkey with even one raw vegetable, like a cucumber
- Salad, turkey, avocado, and rice
- A salmon avocado sushi roll
- Black bean soup, eggplant a little salmon
A Relaxing Dinner
Listen, if you get to dinner time with two meals and at least one snack under your belt, guess what?
You are not going to overeat in the evening.
You are not going to walk in the door of your home and eat everything that does not move.
Hunger will no longer kill you all day.
Instead, you now realize that food is your friend.
Your body needs food, and you have been kindly feeding your body as opposed to the old days, when you starved your body thinking that will help you lose weight.
That’s why few people have successfully lost weight for the last 50 years!
Have a fresh salad for dinner, simple to make, cut up a cucumber, a pickle, a couple of tablespoons of olives, an onion slice, a whole or half a tomato.
If you want to get fancy, you can sprinkle some cilantro on top and a squeeze of lemon.
The simplest way to cook is to put a tablespoon of olive oil in your stovetop pot, add onion and garlic, as well as the spices that you like.
Some good ones are a half teaspoon of cumin and coriander.
You can even put in a pinch of turmeric and salt.
Add the vegetable that you want to cook, be it broccoli, potato, eggplant or okra.
Cover and let cook for a good 20 to 30 min on a low flame.
You can also have either rice or kasha, a half cup to a cup cooked is enough for either.
Prepare them the same way:
- Take a 1/2 cup of dry kasha or rice,
- put it into a cup of boiling water,
- cover, and let simmer for approximately 30 minutes,
- add some salt and a little olive oil and voila, you are the Chef!
Protein selections for dinner can be:
- Veggie Burger
Keep it simple.
If you are still hungry after dinner, have a little wine or a couple of strawberries.
Best to finish eating about three hours before going to sleep.
7 pm is an excellent time to finish dinner and go to sleep by 10 pm.
- Eat more to lose more, but don’t eat till you are too full.
- I know that it is not so simple in our supersized culture.
- But it is incredibly useful.
- The worst way to lose weight is to think that you are going to starve it off by missing meals.
- Stop missing meals, stop skipping breakfast, why are you suffering yourself?
- Stop making yourself miserable.
- Eat vegetables with your meal, and you will feel fuller.
- You can eat more food, be reasonable, have healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with some snacks.
- Do NOT let yourself get hungry.
- While there is no flour grain bread in this sample menu for how to lose 10 pounds in a month naturally, you can use sprouted grain bread.
- One day a week, you can take off the day and not be as strict, so if you want to have bread on that one day, go for it.
- Just do not binge.
- Practice a measure of portion control.
The obesity epidemic is more a result of industrialized food than lack of exercise
Know your BMI – establish a baseline
You should find out your BMI as soon as possible to know where you stand.
It is essential to be clear about your height because, without an accurate height and weight reading, your BMI can be way off.
So, for those of us guys who think that we are 6’4″ because we are wearing 2″ heels, the BMI will not be accurate.
Just be honest with your actual height and weight, and that will give you the best indication of where you are on the BMI scale.
- Renpho Health app works in connection with fitness apps. Easy setup app works...
- 13 essential body measurements. Body weight shows on the scale, other body...
- User-friendly app. Download Renpho Health app at App Store or Google Play, also...
- High-Quality Innovation. Auto calibration, high precision sensors measure in...
- Monitor your progress, unlimited users and baby weighing mode. Renpho connects...
Losing just 10 pounds in a month can mean the difference between healthy weight and overweight, which, as we see, increases the risk of catastrophic diseases in too many categories.
If you are thirty or fifty pounds overweight, do not sweat it.
How to Lose 10 Pounds in One Month – Wrapping Up
If you follow Hashi Mashi Diet + Training, even if you only drop 10 pounds in a month, you will be on your way to much better health in only six months.
You can do it.
To reach a normal BMI, focus more on eating real healthy foods without counting your daily number of calories.
I have not found counting calories to be of great value.
The best results are from the least processed food, and not overdoing it at any one meal.
You should never feel hungry, make sure you eat and drink your water.
Eat real food and not factory-manufactured meals.
So, next time you are in a store and looking at your favorite ‘snack’, ask yourself if there a snicker bar or oreo tree where you can go pick these treats?
Hmm, nope, but there are apple and almond trees, so an apple and almonds it will be!
What is better than counting your daily calories?
Measuring your weight daily on a body composition scale is much more valuable than counting calories.
You will never have to count calories to know how your choices of food are affecting you.
A body composition scale is superior because it is going to tell you:
- Your body fat percentage,
- BMI and
- wire all that data to your phone,
- so you have a secure record.
Once you have a body composition scale you will know your baseline, and the journey will begin.
The answer is once a day unless there are other reasons not to.
In any case, always consult with your primary care physician before beginning any diet and exercise plan.
Also, as soon as your weight drops enough that you feel comfortable enough to move, start moving.
And start your plan to build muscle, because both building strength and fueling yourself with real food are your best friends to transform your body from fat to fit.
To that end, a beginner deadlift program is a great place to start.
- 5 Weight Loss Before and After Pictures; Hashi Mashi Fitness
- How to Lose 20 Pounds in 3 Months Using 5 Simple Steps (Without Counting Calories)
- 7 Deadlift Fat Loss Results You Need to Know
- 5 Great Rick Ross Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- 7 Best Rob McElhenney Diet and Workout Tips to Get Ripped in 7 Months
- 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body
- JumpSport 350 Pro Review
- Fat to Fit Man Training Plan for Men Over 50
- 15 Magical Benefits of Losing 20 Pounds
- How Many Calories Does Rucking Burn?
- I Weigh 260 Pounds and Want to Lose Weight; Project 260
- The Top 10 Charles Poliquin Diet Tips Summary and Review
- Etekcity ESF24; Smart Bluetooth Body Fat Scale Review
- Phentermine for Weight Loss; Does it Work? Is it Safe or Even Effective?
- Crush Your 30 Day Weightloss Challenge; Get Support
- Fitness Plan for Beginners; The Fit Apprentice™
- How to Lose 30 Pounds in 3 months: You Will Not Fail
- The Obesity Code Summary Can Spark Your Weight Loss Success
- Why Is It So Hard To Lose Weight After 50?
- How To Lose 75 Pounds in Six Months; Just Ditch These 3 Habits!
- Get Fit or Die Trying
Related Product Comparison Table:Invalid table id.