What is the best way to stop binge eating at night?
A study at Johns Hopkins University School of medicine suggests that “hormonal responses are setting people up to binge eat at night” said Susan Carnell, an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences.¹
However, if you go deeper into the lifestyle habits of the overweight or obese individual, you will find one typical pattern.
This pattern is prevalent across the country and is why the epidemic of obesity is spreading across the world.
If you stop this eating habit, you will discover the nirvana of effortless weight loss without suffering.
Binge eating disorder or starvation disorder?
The irony is that binge eaters at night are usually those who want to lose weight.
And they want to succeed in weight loss so desperately that they starve themselves during the day.
After eating all evening till bedtime, they think that they have a binge-eating syndrome.
The truth is that you have ‘starvation’ disorder, not a binge eating disorder.
Daytime is when you need your fuel most, not late in the evening.
In the evening you need to sleep.
Of course, you are going to binge all night if you starve yourself during the day.
And when you eat large amounts of food in the evening, you notice that your weight gain does not stop.
When you starve yourself during the day, you are fasting all day when you need fuel the most.
Your blood sugar drops like a rock.
You have no energy.
So, of course, you will be ravenously hungry at night.
The Best Way to Stop Binge Eating at Night
You Must Eat in the Daytime
Real food is your friend, not your enemy!
Start eating real food during the day, at least two meals and a snack, and you will find that you are not binge eating at night.
Not only that, but it will also be easier for you to fall asleep, and get plenty of shut-eye for the next day.
When you get enough sleep, everything in your body starts to work much better.
You will have more energy, will feel and look refreshed, and you will lose weight overnight.
The most significant protection against binge eating at night is to eat regularly scheduled meals in the day when you need the energy most.
Your Body is Smarter Than You
Do you think that you are smarter than your body?
It is the innate intelligence in your body that controls all of your internal processes, like digestion, assimilation, elimination, heartbeat, and breathing.
You have nothing to do with the inner workings of your body.
What you do control is your skeletal muscles, your movement, your speech, and your thoughts.
When you starve your body, do you think your body stops doing its job of keeping you alive?
But, where will it get the energy that it needs to take care of business if you are not feeding your body?
The answer is that your body will turn to your muscle tissue to get the calories that it needs to continue performing its daily activities, which explains why you become weaker as you age because of muscle tissue loss.
Twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year, every second, your body is working hard to keep you as healthy as possible.
Stop abusing your body.
Start regularly eating during the day, and that is the best way to stop binge eating at night.
Take control over your lifestyle that will result in finally achieving the health and fitness that you deserve.
Put an end to skipped meals because you are not helping yourself.
All you need to do is correct your eating habits.
There are times during high stress in your life when you are tempted to eat even when you are not hungry. You want that sugar hit to feel better, and your body knows what type of food works best to give you that high and distract you from your emotional pain.
In this case, eating regular meals during the day is not enough; you also need to consider the following:
- This ultra-processed junk food that you are craving will not solve your problem
- Overeating will only create more problems
- Because your weight will increase and you will feel worse every time you look at yourself in the mirror or get on the scale
- Instead, take a walk, bike, swim, get on the elliptical or treadmill
- Do squats, bench press, deadlifts, or calisthenics exercises like pushups that will calm your mind better than Prozac
- Think good thoughts of how things in your life have worked out in the past; they will do so in the future too and practice gratitude for every blessing you have
Stop Binge Eating at Night – Final Thoughts
“Many people think overweight, or obesity is your fault.” ²
But, the truth is that binge eating at night and obesity is not your fault.
You do not need special relaxation techniques to stop eating a lot at night.
The best way to stop binge eating at night is to start eating – during the daytime.
Processed food and volunteering to starve during most of your workdays are the roots of your problem of binge eating at night.
Additional details of scheduling meals and simple meal plans are available in this free guide to lose 20 pounds in only three months.
You can also see how bad eating habits are the cause of modern obesity by reading how to lose 75 pounds in 6 months and dramatically change your body with the power of one beginner deadlift workout routine.
If you resonated with this article, please subscribe to my blog here.
- The Best Exercise for Depression – How the Deadlift Saved My Life
- Bitter or Better? A Quote That Can Change your Life
- What Is Carb Cycling: How To Guide + Meal Planner
- 11 Getting Fit at 50 Before and After Photos; Fit Apprentice
- This Obese Man Lost 75 Pounds in Six Months; Just Ditch These 3 Habits!
- How to Lose 20 Pounds in 3 Months Using 5 Simple Steps
- 5 Great Rick Ross Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Calories Burned Deadlifting: How Many Can You Burn in One Workout?
- I Weigh 260 Pounds and Want to Lose Weight; Project 260
- 7 Best Rob McElhenney Diet + Workout Tips to Get Ripped
- 27 Sensational Ways How Deadlifts Change Your Body
- 7 Reasons Stan Efferding’s Vertical Diet is the Rage
- Deadlift to Lose Belly Fat; The Fastest Way to Lean Out Your Body
- Get Fit or Die Trying
- 15 Magical Benefits of Losing 20 Pounds
- Fat to Fit Man Training Plan for Men Over 50
- Etekcity ESF24; Smart Bluetooth Body Fat Scale Review
- Isagenix 9 Day Cleanse Review; Jumpstart your Fat Loss
- 7 Shocking House of Commons Obesity Statistics and Trends
- The Obesity Code Summary Can Spark Your Weight Loss
- 7 Deadlift Fat Loss Results You Need to Know
- Why Can’t I Lose Weight No Matter What I Do?
- The Top 15 Weight Loss Tips for That Actually Work
- Best Diet to Lose Weight Fast – Secrets Of Hashi Mashi